haggy

310-8 hard to keep running

haggy

I got a 310-8 last summer and i love it.  It was starting up and running great all summer and fall.  This winter i have been having troubles keeping it running.  It starts fine, but now i have to run it on full choke and nearly full throttle to keep it running.  I rolled my yard yesterday, had to keep playing with the choke so often to keep it running as it want to die.  Any ideas of what i can do to fix this would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Likely a fairly simple carb rebuild will fix your tractor right up.

• Like 3

Mickwhitt

My kohler on the C125 was the same.

Took out the fast running needle and blew it out with compressed air and it runs fine now.

Mick 

Guest 88vic

I have seen a restriction of debris in the elbow or the fuel shutoff at the tank outlet. I've seen leaves, bugs, spiders,etc. Get sucked into that and cut off fuel flow. Just a suggestion. 

953 nut

:WRS:

The symptoms you have listed are fuel starvation. Several things come to mind, first would be the fuel itself.  If you are running gas with Ethanol, STOP. It has probably caused the system to plug up with residue. Remove and replace the fuel line and filter, drain the old gas and replace it with ethanol free gas   https://www.buyrealgas.com/.          Next, ad some Seafoam to the gas and see if it will clear up the problem.

Let us know how you do.

• Like 2

ZXT

Pull the carburetor off, pull both of the needles out, the main jet and blow everything out with compressed air and carburetor cleaner. Once it is clean, reassemble and reinstall. I like to turn both of the needles out roughly 2.25 turns and fine tune it from there to where it runs best. No need for a rebuild kit, unless you tear the bowl seal removing the bowl. I've never had the need to install a kit in any of mine. 

Change the fuel filter and fuel lines (if needed). Definitely run ethanol free fuel if you can. 

8ntruck

Yup. My 14 8 speed was doing that last spring.  Cleaning the carb & puting a rebuild kit in it solved the problem.

Probably will work for you, too.

hotajax
On 3/28/2020 at 6:24 PM, WHEELHORSEFAN*19 said:

I have seen a restriction of debris in the elbow or the fuel shutoff at the tank outlet. I've seen leaves, bugs, spiders,etc. Get sucked into that and cut off fuel flow. Just a suggestion. 

Yessiree, when mine acts up like this, the fuel elbow is the first thing I replace.  Easier than the carb disassembly.  Always keep a fuel elbow around, the part that goes up into the tank.