Sam Pasch

I got my dream tractor

Sam Pasch

Forgot to post the picture.

0411201547.jpg

Sam Pasch

The headlight lens I ordered came today. It really completes the look of the tractor.

0415201141.jpg

0415201215.jpg

• Excellent 3

Sam Pasch

Winter just doesn't want to give up here.

0417200735.jpg

peter lena

nice pick up on that sam, i like the overall look of the unit, big tires/ wheels  steel fender , and retaining the patina look . a regular wipe down with wd-40 or similar lubricant will feed that paint and fend off rust. just at wally world for oil and picked up a few bandanas for 2 $ each the brand was  TIME   AND TRU , they make a great mask . also pick up the larger thin elastic bands if possible . lots of on line directions for an easy made mask. when i make mine , i do a sit and fit try out , important to have a comfortable cheek to ear  fit , with light elastic pull, makes for comfortable wearing. stay safe out there , pete  

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Sam Pasch said:

Winter just doesn't want to give up here.

0417200735.jpg

Here too.

Snow flurries yesterday afternoon with no accumulation but at 5 a.m. it was 24 degrees.

That's pretty close to brisk.

• Like 1

WHX??

On the head light lens Sam and I don't know about Lowell's but the originals were not fond of the heat a regular bulb puts out and made them become brittle and crack. Ok for occasional use but a few of us went to led bulbs for less heat. 

• Thanks 2

Sam Pasch
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

On the head light lens Sam and I don't know about Lowell's but the originals were not fond of the heat a regular bulb puts out and made them become brittle and crack. Ok for occasional use but a few of us went to led bulbs for less heat. 

I've been thinking about doing the same, not just for the heat but also put out a little more light.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Sam Pasch said:

I've been thinking about doing the same, not just for the heat but also put out a little more light.

Be sure to check the Color Temperature before you purchase them.

Old-style incandescent bulbs have a color temperature number between 2500 and 3500 normally. They appear to be kind of yellow in comparison to a lot of the modern LED lights. Those LED lights will have a Color Temperature between 5000 and 6000.

Part of the reason they appear to be Brighter is because they are Whiter.

• Like 1

Sam Pasch

I finally got some fluids for Roy. The old transmition oil is on the left and looks like carmel,and the engine oil on the right is hot fudge. Now I just need some ice cream.

1587248089048341619737.jpg

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Sam Pasch

Hauling cinder blocks on a beautiful sunny day.

0421201601.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Sam Pasch

I came up with yet another exhaust configuration. I think I'll keep this one but no promises. 

0421201915.jpg

• Like 2

ebinmaine

I like it.

Be sure to keep it covered..

Sound ok?

• Like 1

Sam Pasch
18 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I like it.

Be sure to keep it covered..

Sound ok?

It has a good deep tone and not as much pop which I like. Gives it a more farm tractor look.

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Like 1

Sam Pasch

When I start the 867 cold, it shoots little droplets of liquid out of the exhaust, but when it warms up it goes away. Is it just condensation, or should I be concerned?

• Like 1

WHX??

No absolutely normal Sam... some muffs do it worse that others. Stacks seem to be more prone. Best to run it till all condensation evaporates.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sam Pasch

It was sunny this afternoon so I decided to take a picture of both my tractors together. Also, I had to get rid of the tractor I've had the longest. My hot rodded montgomery ward 8 series. luckily it went to a friend of mine.

0427201803.jpg

0422201254a.jpg

0422201254.jpg

0422201253.jpg

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Like 3

Sam Pasch

I took the 867 and dump cart to my grandparents house today to get some composted dirt for the raised beds. It barely noticed the load going up hills. These tractor truly are great workers.

0501201447.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
54 minutes ago, Sam Pasch said:

barely noticed the load

You'll be pleasantly surprised what that little 8 will do...

When you get to plowing snow, remember WEIGHT and TRACTION are the keys. Not so much, power.

My C-160 weighs in around 1200-1300 lbs with me and the weights.

• Like 1

Sam Pasch

I hope to get a set of wheel weights and chains for it before winter.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Sam Pasch said:

I hope to get a set of wheel weights and chains for it before winter.

Look into getting the tires fluid filled as well.

• Thanks 1

Sam Pasch

I made a cup holder for the 867 today out of the bottom of a fire extinguisher, some washers, and 5he bolt that holds the sides if the dashboard.

0502201603a.jpg

0502201603.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Sam Pasch

When my grandpa was diging through some things while moving he found all the old manuals for the 867.

0510201637.jpg

• Excellent 1

Sam Pasch

I got the turf savers stripped off of the rear rims and gave them a coat of paint. Now they are awaiting the new ags that I ordered. I hate waiting.<_<

0518201517.jpg

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Like 1

Sam Pasch

The new ags came the other day but didnt get time to post. I took them to the local tire and lube place to get them mounted today. I would have done it my self but they were 6 ply and a pain in the butt to install. I also acquired a tractor jack today. It should make servicing the deck easier.

0521201216.jpg

0521201216a.jpg

0522201543.jpg

Edited by Sam Pasch
  • Like 2

lynnmor
3 hours ago, Sam Pasch said:

The new ags came the other day but didnt get time to post. I took them to the local tire and lube place to get them mounted today. I would have done it my self but they were 6 ply and a pain in the butt to install. I also acquired a tractor jack today. It should make servicing the deck easier.

0522201543.jpg

I have that jack, real junk!  Look at the bottom of the hydraulic jack and you will see that it isn't supported well, mine tore loose and bent to the floor.  You might want to add a block under that to prevent failure.

• Thanks 1