Sign in to follow this  
bc.gold

Simplicity 9020 Snow Thrower

bc.gold

Blowing the wet slush off the driveway before it has a chance the freeze. it's a very steep drive the tractor is in second gear with the hydro in full forward.

It's a gravel drive with canola oil soaked into it during the heat of the summer, gives the drive a protective layer this will be the sixth year for the oil.

Note the difference my drive versus that alongside the highway. The best part is the heavy rains no longer wash the gravel away.

If I ever find or make a muffler for the Onan the hood can go back onto the tractor, in the meantime the engine has short straight pipes to keep the cold air from making contact with the hot exhaust valves which would cause them to warp.

gravel.png

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 3

bc.gold

One of the things I love about the Simplicity 9020, even with that heavy snow thrower attached sticking it's nose three feet ahead of the tractor I can still steer it with the palm of my hand on the wheel.

The magic of a recirculating ball type steering box on Ag ribs.

Allis with her wide front boots takes a bit more effort to make a turn, especially with a bucket load of soil.

The video explains how to remove steering wheel play, often on older vehicles you'll sear that your herding it down the highway.

box.gif

box1.jpg

Edited by bcgold

bc.gold

Simplicity snow thrower, two spades.

thrower.jpg