Sailman

Newbie with a GT 14....and lots of questions

19richie66

I can’t get you a width but I do believe it is 1” wide. 

FAE4A4CB-BB8E-49A4-B47D-183A3A1077A3.jpeg

953 nut

Measured mine and it is 5/8" + about a 1/64th" or less. The idler on the mule drive is an inch wide,  :confusion-confused:    bet someone swapped it out.

• Like 1

Sailman

Yep. My guess too. There is just not enough room for a 1 inch pulley between tractor frame/ mounting hardware and fender. Will take it off and get measurements and see what  can find online for replacement. Thanks!

Sailman

Got the GT 14 working well. No leaks from transmission. Hydro pulls strong. Had a front wheel get galled to the spindle. Big job getting it off but keeping it well greased now. Plan to use it to pull some small stumps but also important work with grand kids (see picture)! Does anyone know if a mower on a C-100 would work on the GT 14? IMG_6808.JPG.0ee4fa716e953709f2ad8917f9db48bb.JPG

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

19richie66

not without some re-engineering. I believe it can be done.

953 nut
9 hours ago, Sailman said:

anyone know if a mower on a C-100 would work on the GT 14?

You would need to add the mule drive to the front of your tractor but it can be done.

• Like 1

Sailman

Is there a dedicated mower for the GT 14? How does it attach to the PTO? Side mount mule drive? Pretty hard to find I suppose.

953 nut
12 minutes ago, Sailman said:

Is there a dedicated mower for the GT 14? How does it attach to the PTO? Side mount mule drive? Pretty hard to find I suppose.

Here you go.

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

buchshot12000

Flowery Branch, GA huh? how long have been in that area?

I spent alot of my child hood in Buford

buchshot12000

Flowery Branch, GA huh? how long have been in that area?

I spent alot of my child hood in Buford

Sailman

Been in Flowery Branch for over 30 years. Midwest born...southern by choice! Do a lot of business in Buford. Both have grown a lot since you were here. This covid thing may slow that growth a bit.

I am also a 100 ton Coast Guard Captain running sailing charters on Lake Lanier. Was working the Caribbean and Bahamas but not right now with travel issues.

Whats your wheel horse favorite?

Sailman

Question for GT 14 owners. Aftermarket wheels on the GT 14 when I bought it, no bearings. Picked up a set of original GT 14 front wheels on ebay (came with spacers, washers and castle nut) and installed 1 today.

I put the spacer on spindle first (1/2 wide spacer) then the wheel, then last cone bearing. I was able to get the castle nut on but not far enough to put a cotter pin in. No washers and only 1 spacer yet no room for cotter pin....???

If I tighten any more on castle nut it starts to bind.

What am I getting wrong?

Irritated there are no parts drawings available....

Thanks!

Sailman

Took the spacers out per parts diagram sent by red square folks. Kept valve stems to the outside, that put the seal onto the spindle first. Lots of grease and castle nut tightened just right. Works like a charm!

• Excellent 1

19richie66
3 hours ago, Sailman said:

Took the spacers out per parts diagram sent by red square folks. Kept valve stems to the outside, that put the seal onto the spindle first. Lots of grease and castle nut tightened just right. Works like a charm!

Good deal! Glad it worked out 👍