Tractorhead

What do you do when Lockdown is happen?

tunahead72

Not as far as I'm concerned.  You have my permission. :canada:

953 nut

There is a big disconnect between reality and what the CDC considers ESSENTIAL.

A friend's wife has been on maintenance  chemotherapy for a year or so after battling brain cancer. She has been able to use a local Infusion Center twice a week but they are closing because the CDC said they are not an essential service. Now she will need to travel one and a half hours each way twice a week. We have no reported cases of coronavirus here,  but there are several confirmed cases where she will have to go.

:soapbox:           Pardon my ignorance, but I just don't understand the rationale here.          :confusion-confused:

• Sad 3

rmaynard

Maryland schools are all closed. All non-essential business are closed. But my wife feels that my work around the house is essential :lol:

The weather has been rainy, so I have not begun to transfer my tractors and such to the new building. That can wait. But I have been involved in remodeling the basement bathroom, and that is a slow go when you have no help, have a bad back, and have mostly forgotten how to do all those thing that came naturally for me before I retired from the home improvement business.

So, slogging along, I have put up the cement board in the shower,

1118126179_cementboard.jpg.8503116c535774de794b118871617407.jpg

Drywalled and painted.

471429812_DWandpaint.jpg.508b66978a4bc2a6912da1dc6d3aaba2.jpg

673303517_DWandpaint3.jpg.3674f4e00c77d93491fc98ab279bec67.jpg

Laid down the Schluter-Ditra Heat membrane and trying out some tile patterns

72814323_Ditraandtile.jpg.648514b0e4b94b5b879b45ed040abf07.jpg

Installed the Ditra heat element

1730611139_Ditraheat.jpg.464c8c212f973ef7b8e10b83251da28d.jpg

And while not doing that, I have been baking in the kitchen.

Ginger snaps, brownies, beer bread, banana bread.

kitchen.jpg.d2132fe5bc6c6580d255cbaacf028baa.jpg

When I get tired, the wife lets me watch TV. We have just finished binge watching The Americans, all 6 seasons, 13 episodes per season. Currently catching up on The Sinner, watching Better Call Saul, and starting season three of Ozark.

So, at this point, I'm not bored yet. Just trying to stay healthy and off the streets.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

I bet you get that bathroom done quicker than pullstart did his. :lol:

Edited by Stormin
  • Haha 4

Tractorhead

Good to have something to do, where normally is no time for 👍

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Virtual happy hours...!

Prop up the electronic gizmo of your choosing so it captures you and yours and then FaceTime, Zoom, gotomeeting or whatever with your friends / family and open a few adult beverages... while you sit and chat... :occasion-xmas:

We’ve done several and they are quite fun. Never a wait, always have the beer I want, service is excellent, bathrooms are clean, and it is WAY cheaper! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

squonk

Still working. Got an oven and a freezer to work on Monday. Can't go anywhere when I get home without practically having to have a Haz Mat suit on. Can't even go out for b'fast on Fri. morning and had to eat lunch in the van cause it was snowing like the dickens with 40 MPH winds.

Dentist closed. Can't get my permanent crown. Running the temporary :rolleyes:

Barbers closed. Looking like Bigfoot :rolleyes:

Surgery Center closed. Can't get my knee operated on that's been a problem since last summer :(

Overdue for eye appointment. I keep getting e -mails. I finally call them and it's "We hope to be open next month" :rolleyes:

Back appointment coming up. ???????? :rolleyes:

Edited by squonk
  • Sad 1

prondzy

Wife is considered #1 essential in the Medical field, im #2 as a mechanic, daycare closed, nobody round to watch the kiddos but me so im at home wiping noses and butts 5 days a week and playing teacher, boy is that a change of pace from turning wrenches. BUT the silver lining of this situation is I have never spent so much time with my kids to realize how big they are really getting in their school work and education. 20200408_072707.jpg.aa4d7e018669f81584bfe228345e83c9.jpg

20200408_113917.jpg.a2b9ba27a0882a34b8846bb1c436a851.jpg

And even getting to catch a couple of flys with Sam once in a while

20200410_133105.jpg.ccd86c5c81c2837d63197cb86d486984.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead

Fixed today a one of the last Storm damages with the Beast.

huge branch killed one of the Concrete cloumn of the Property Fence.

323637FC-990B-431E-A6C7-E64C22207013.jpeg.cb5f9c969857462af85d87901b11692f.jpeg

Firstly i cleaned the column undersite and picked a bit the concrete off, tho have the Irons inside released.

Than i build a construct to rework it and span the column later on, that it‘s Fit in shape.

C1C27119-A28D-4130-9FA3-48906C3AEE7C.jpeg.f24405f23ce1dfa83ea34b75a8fb7b1f.jpeg

after my check, that all will fit i demantle and clean it completely out and pick some of the concrete off, also to release here the Steel.

after i welded a piece of Metal onto, i was able to weld it together, while the FEL keep it in Place.

At least i filled the hole with concrete and give it a bit more stabiliy on the ground until i strap it onto fixature.

A993BB5E-3347-4DED-974F-78E8FC84AEA2.jpeg.6b606ef071ca259494a63380057a1fb7.jpeg

8C2D9F4E-4361-451C-A3FB-7361885BC54B.jpeg.416ff8177df9a1edf4544d60113e190c.jpeg

After the Column stay on itself, i give him few hours of break to dry.

D298D589-DEEB-4E34-877C-CA4CE258C655.jpeg.93923c20be828237d81e6798874f1307.jpeg

For a quick fix ahread until the concrete is completely dry and to prevent the Housedog can flee, i let the Column fixed on the construct and begin carefully to fix the both Fences with wire for the moment.

B37FBD4D-90CA-48A7-94CE-BEC93033042E.jpeg.50e5350e645fd7d024223b1690126b11.jpeg

Strapped with few rubberbelts, just in case.

CAEA83CF-3767-4F05-812D-FE29E5794823.jpeg.713c5af47783935c31381846b515ff38.jpeg

Than i cleaned up my Workspace and mow arround the Property, Nature grows quick now.

so also the Horse got it‘s Seattime today. 

The last Action i take put some Boar onto the Grill...

fresh hunted, huh harvested.. 😎

image.jpg.aa322dee46efc46d54b01a618808b3d2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, squonk said:

permanent crown.

get my knee

Overdue for eye

Back

Image result for spare body partsWow Mike, you may want to do a search for used body parts.    Free next day delivery with Prime.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Haha 5

lynnmor

The silver lining in this lock down for me is that I can't go places or do much right now anyway as I am breaking in a brand new pair of knees.  I got them just in time before the elective surgeries were shutdown.  I couldn't get my tooth implant because of the knee surgery and now I haven't a clue when that might happen.  I think that I am good enough now to do the spring changeovers from snow to grass duties.

• Thanks 1

sergeant

Well Both My wife & I are essential I understand the wife as She is Now a acting DON The Boss of all the Nurses In the Hospital system she works for Because the Normal DON Just survived Cancer and has a weakened Immune system so they don't want him anywhere near a Hospital . I work for Uncle Sam But our whole group of 70 People are twitting there Thumbs except for 15 People who have Been On a security detail(something we don't Normally do Stateside) AS the Normal alphabet soup handles that   All I do is sit at Home coordinating on a computer & the Phone & once a week I drive to Great Lakes to Get On SATCOM. But it does beat having to fly to  D. C. every Wednesday!

Glad My Youngest is 20 & he is staying out of the country in a country That has a Very Low Virus level  My oldest the twins are Both working Daughter Is normally a eye surgeon But working In a ER and Her Brother Is a Federal Judge and has also recently been Called Up to State Active duty (National Guard) Bet it probably gets deferred by Uncle Sam because of his day Job! Of which he says he Not doing Much in anyways do to the Virus.

I bet In about a Month things are going to start opening up again. But I wonder? Will people Now think twice and sort of maintain a social distance or will they go back to being the normal drones again and filling the elevators and Planes  & stores to Capacity

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead
46 minutes ago, sergeant said:

Well Both My wife & I are essential I understand the wife as She is Now a acting DON The Boss of all the Nurses In the Hospital system she works for Because the Normal DON Just survived Cancer and has a weakened Immune system so they don't want him anywhere near a Hospital . I work for Uncle Sam But our whole group of 70 People are twitting there Thumbs except for 15 People who have Been On a security detail(something we don't Normally do Stateside) AS the Normal alphabet soup handles that   All I do is sit at Home coordinating on a computer & the Phone & once a week I drive to Great Lakes to Get On SATCOM. But it does beat having to fly to  D. C. every Wednesday!

Glad My Youngest is 20 & he is staying out of the country in a country That has a Very Low Virus level  My oldest the twins are Both working Daughter Is normally a eye surgeon But working In a ER and Her Brother Is a Federal Judge and has also recently been Called Up to State Active duty (National Guard) Bet it probably gets deferred by Uncle Sam because of his day Job! Of which he says he Not doing Much in anyways do to the Virus.

I bet In about a Month things are going to start opening up again. But I wonder? Will people Now think twice and sort of maintain a social distance or will they go back to being the normal drones again and filling the elevators and Planes  & stores to Capacity

A big Applause and Thank you for your Services you do.👍

SylvanLakeWH

My latest Isolation Induced Project: Cart for the kayak.

Used an axle, frame and wheels from a trash picked lawn spreader and some odds & ends in the garage... Works perfect. Cost = $0.00.

IMG_1241.JPG.d6d0e4aa75f2a0b7246e222516b012a7.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Nice gadget, if you have bit spare isolation, i would put it arround in the Contact Areas to prevent scratches on the Boat.

👍

and if we that far, lockdown takes longer a hitch to hook it on the Horse.. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH
21 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Nice gadget, if you have bit spare isolation, i would put it arround in the Contact Areas to prevent scratches on the Boat.

👍

and if we that far, lockdown takes longer a hitch to hook it on the Horse.. 😂😂😂

If you look carefully to first picture I used an old pink noodle for padding... :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead

Ooooohh aaahhh i missed this, very masculin... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Now don’t go getting all @pullstart on me here... with that oooooo aaahhhh stuff... :ROTF:

Besides...pink is the only color I had in the garage and met the “free” build criteria on this one!!!

• Haha 2

Tractorhead

Had a big advance,

i guess nobody will steal it ever,

once the „ masculin pink“ and secondary you see it from far...😂😂😂😂

Sorry, i need that sometimes... 🤪😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

ZXT
9 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

My latest Isolation Induced Project: Cart for the kayak.

Used an axle, frame and wheels from a trash picked lawn spreader and some odds & ends in the garage... Works perfect. Cost = $0.00.

Hopefully you don't plan on pulling it down the road :lol:. I'm not sure how well those plastic wheels would hold up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

It’s about 500’ to the lake. Asphalt road, walking speed.

They work great! It was off a large commercial salt spreader so the tires are actually much sturdier then the typical homeowner versions...

If / when they break oh well... price was right!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wildman
On 3/28/2020 at 3:27 PM, Stormin said:

I bet you get that bathroom done quicker than pullstart did his. :lol:

OUCH!

Stormin
23 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I like the long set screw holding the wheel on. Guess you could only find one split pin. :P

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

• Haha 2

Stormin

Log splitting this morning, then grit blasting and painting this afternoon for me today. And before any wise guy asks why blast and paint the logs, I've been cleaning up some of SWMBO's garden nicknacks. It's getting to the stage if it don't move, Paint it. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevasaurus

Norm, why blast and paint the logs??   :greetings-wavingyellow:

• Haha 3