richmondred01

Will The Big Show be Canceled?

Ed Kennell

Sorry to hear this Mike,   Is she being tested for the virus?

squonk
8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Sorry to hear this Mike,   Is she being tested for the virus?

They won't test unless someone has the symptoms. The Doctor may be erring on the side of caution. But the Health Dept may step in and order it because she was working in an area with a bunch of people. Still waiting to hear

squonk

"pickles" It's what you get when you  type on a tablet in a chair with a coonhound on your lap! :lol:

• Haha 6

rmaynard

I always go back and reread my posts before hitting the send button, because invariably the spelling or a complete word will have changed. Even then, like some cruel hoax, hitting the send button evokes a gremlin that changes things yet again. I feel your pain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Buzz

One big difference between this virus and the flu is that there is no effective cure for this virus. None.

If the virus is still running wild and the country is basically shut down in June the Show will the least of our concerns. By that time many of our older members (myself include) might not be here. All of us will probably have buried a family member or close friend. Many members will be having serious financial problems. Tractor shows will not be a priority.

For those of you who insist on going anywhere you want and do whatever you want,stay away from any of your elderly or sickly family members or friends. If you insist on seeing them apologize for killing them. You won't be able to visit them in the hospital or go to their funeral so do it in advance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell

@ericj  Is this the thread you were looking for?

Sparky

Just saw this on Facebook...

D3CA86A7-AF9D-48E7-BFBD-7C70F74E1766.png

• Excellent 6
  • Heart 1

WHX??

Like to hear that Mike..:handgestures-thumbupright:

I fear our big local only GT show in Portage WI in July is going to canceled as well as our other must attend shows. If it does I'm going to have a show here at the ranch. Might just be me and @Achto and a few others in attendance but we'll still have line ups, good eats & booze cruzes! :greetings-clappingyellow:

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, Buzz said:

You won't be able to visit them in the hospital or go to their funeral so do it in advance.

A dear friend just passed away today (not from coronavirus), there will not be a funeral service or memorial service until the all clear has been sounded, can't even visit his widow as she is in a nursing facility.

• Sad 11
  • Heart 3

WHNJ701
12 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I fear our big local only GT show in Portage WI in July is going to canceled as well as our other must attend shows. If it does I'm going to have a show here at the ranch. Might just be me and @Achto and a few others in attendance but we'll still have line ups, good eats & booze cruzes! :greetings-clappingyellow:

I was thinking of doing the same thing, it's been awhile since all the tractors were all out at once. looks like I have the time now to do it.  attendance will probably just be me and the cats

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 2

dells68

I was thinking the same thing guys.  Maybe a show with all the horses out in the field.  Might even have to camp out with them and have a campfire to keep them warm:icecream:.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

WHNJ701

Maybe I will grab a bunch of old parts and other junk I forgotten I had in the sheds and the wife and kids can sell it to me.

• Haha 9

squonk
1 hour ago, jabelman said:

Maybe I will grab a bunch of old parts and other junk I forgotten I had in the sheds and the wife and kids can sell it to me.

Don’t let them take all your money! You may need it to get home!

• Haha 6

prondzy
On 3/23/2020 at 6:16 PM, WHX24 said:

Count me in! 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Pa. has over 2200 confirmed cases with over 1000 new confirmed cases in the past two days with 22 fatalities. 

With 29 cases, our County is under mandatory lock down starting  at 8PM today.

We did get some groceries yesterday, but there was no TP, bottled water, or milk.

Guess tomorrow we'll boil water and look for some soft leaves.

• Sad 4

WHX??
40 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

look for some soft leaves.

Pretend your out in the deer woods Ed... other wise ther is always corn cobs and pine cones... save the soft stuff fer the Missus! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Wheelhorse Wes

If this virus mess is still an issue and the big show gets talked about “canceling” could it be possible to move it from June into a later month when everything “calms down”

stay safe my friends 

sergeant
On 3/27/2020 at 5:43 PM, WHX24 said:

Pretend your out in the deer woods Ed... other wise ther is always corn cobs and pine cones... save the soft stuff fer the Missus! :lol:

Everyone so concerned about TP. You Know in Many countries they don't worry about TP They Use a wash cloth or there Left Hand(middle east):lol:. When I was Visiting My wife's sister Family Up In Quebec No TP In the house Only a Bidet and a wash cloth & I got the dirtiest looks Like I was unclean from them  when I brought out a role of TP from My truck:ROTF:  Heck the  Romans Used a sponge On a stick. So if I run Out of TP I am Not worried can always use a wash cloth and we do Have a Bidet In the House Last owners Put it In. But I would Have to be desperate to sit On it :D. Funny I am a former snake eater  always had a Case worth Of TP in My Deployment bag:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

richmondred01
6 minutes ago, sergeant said:

Everyone so concerned about TP. You Know in Many countries they don't worry about TP They Use a wash cloth or there Left Hand(middle east):lol:. When I was Visiting My wife's sister Family Up In Quebec No TP In the house Only a Bidet and a wash cloth & I got the dirtiest looks Like I was unclean from them  when I brought out a role of TP from My truck:ROTF:  Heck the  Romans Used a sponge On a stick. So if I run Out of TP I am Not worried can always use a wash cloth and we do Have a Bidet In the House Last owners Put it In. But I would Have to be desperate to sit On it :D. Funny I am a former snake eater  always had a Case worth Of TP in My Deployment bag:handgestures-thumbupright:

I’m planning on buying several of these books to replace the TP.

5349362D-4553-4F43-BF7F-D9477B5733A3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

oldredrider

Brings up another point. If the show goes on, will there be TP?

• Haha 2

richmondred01
11 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

Brings up another point. If the show goes on, will there be TP?

I’ll Al’s book in the port a potty. 

• Like 1

Greentored

Ok folks, this had better not end up having to cancel! This addiction has sunk its teeth in, and Im now going to need a trailer in addition to the truck bed:lol: 

Really look forward to putting some faces with names, checking out all the machines, and cruising the grounds non stop!

• Like 5

WHX??

Truth be told I am planning on that it is cancelled so if it's not it will be the best surprise of the year! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19richie66

Just posted on Facebook it has been canceled. 

5EFB19D1-A414-4176-9B39-42211BB2632D.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Sad 2

ericj

As some of you know I am on the board of directors for the WHCC. It is with deep sadness that I can confirm that the board decided to day to cancel the show for 2020. The fair board recemended tat we cancel. They are not letting groups of more then 50 people use the grounds. Adams county is sparsley  populated so it may get released early for larger group meeting, but where you live may not be released by then. We are trying to look out for all of our members and their saftey. We are all gonna miss the show, but these are unpresidented times we are in right now.

I'm afraid that there are not going to be many shows this summer and maybe even into the fall.

I'm sorry about the spelling errors, I'm working out of town right now and using my wifes old laptop and can't get spell check to work for me. everyone stay safe out there

eric j 

• Sad 3