Jaydubz83

79361 44" snowblower

Jaydubz83

Good Morning fellow WH nuts 

After 72 hrs of it sitting in the garage, I got to play with my new-to-me tractor and snowblower.   Seems as though in the midst of all my excitement, I broke the blower.  Pulled off the belt cover and noticed the flat idler pully seemed to chew up the belt guard bracket.  I was looking at the back of the auger housing and also seemed to notice some paint scraping from what I assume to be the auger brushing the back of the housing.  I found a dealer that has the bracket and pulley in stock within a couple hrs driving distance but my concern is once I take the 4 hr roundtrip and re-install the parts, is there anything else that could have failed that I can't see any signs of.

Pics below are the flat idler pulley and the belt guard bracket.

Hopefully I didn't kill it too bad.  Got a little overzealous with a 5 yr old sitting on my lap cheering in delight.  😏🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️20200316_112535.jpg.10ebe92b8132634128b7911f769d495b.jpg20200316_112516.jpg.c5bda1e82031cec87994c12db857fd02.jpg

ebinmaine

I can't help you with the issue on the snowblower but I just wanted to say. Don't be afraid to use online sources just save yourself 4 hours on the road. Trina and I do that and it helps a lot if I don't have to go out wandering around to a particular location anyway..

Someone will likely pipe up and help you out with a decent parts source.

• Like 1

Jaydubz83

Thank You Sir.  Finding a lot of web searches come to dead ends as most list the parts as discontinued or otherwise unavailable.  I work from home so a 4 hr road trip isn't the same nuisance for me as it may be for others and helps delay the onset of full-blown agoraphobia.  It's sad but putting on a pair of jeans is a simple task for most is quite an event for me :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

We have a great bunch of people here on Redsquare that help each other out with tractors of all types.... but also every other thing one could dream up to do.

What ever I need help with I always get an answer.

As to tractor stuff... there's also A-Z Tractor in PA that may have parts.

He's one of our site vendors.

When we get past this corona craziness we have a meet n greet...

Good times.

Pullstart
1 hour ago, Jaydubz83 said:

Thank You Sir.  Finding a lot of web searches come to dead ends as most list the parts as discontinued or otherwise unavailable.  I work from home so a 4 hr road trip isn't the same nuisance for me as it may be for others and helps delay the onset of full-blown agoraphobia.  It's sad but putting on a pair of jeans is a simple task for most is quite an event for me :lol:

I also work from home, teaching my girls and hanging out with my niece once a week.  Pants are typically required for me!  :ROTF:

@A-Z Tractor is a vendor here and deals with used parts via mail order I believe.  We do have a vendor section and his site is on there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

@JCM

Jim you've had  horses for like 3 million years and you use a snowblower. If you had the above problem what would you do?

Pullstart
Just now, ebinmaine said:

@JCM

Jim you've had  horses for like 3 million years

Out comes the 5 year old EB... :ROTF:

• Haha 2

lynnmor

The pulley hitting that guard is common.  If the belt is less than perfect, or installed wrong, the guard will be hit.  Before powering up, rotate the belt and watch what happens.

• Excellent 1

JCM

I hate to jinx myself but have never had problems like that with mine. I did replace the seals in the front differential but that's about it.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Out comes the 5 year old EB... :ROTF:

Meeeee???

• Thanks 1