T-Mo

Farmall Land, USA

T-Mo

It looks like this is the last season for Farmall Land, located in Avoca, Iowa.  Season is from April to September.

http://ww.w.farmall-land-usa.com/index.html

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

briankd

they have quite the collection seen a  video on you tube by machinery pete  he done an in depth tour of this place wow  i hope someone takes this over too much history there to let go neglected  

953 nut

Shame to see places like this close down but younger generations just don't have an appreciation for the stuff we love. Our tractor club has been hosting a tractor and engine show in Franklin NC for 28 years, but the gate proceeds have dropped off to the point that this year will probably be our last.

1723176591_newefdcard.png.da6e20bcb18402fdbc39e9e84b6b77fe.png

diesel cowboy

:crying-yellow::sad-pacing:Well crap.  I was thinking about planning another trip out there with my dad in the next couple years.  Went out there back in 09 when they had the first Farmall Regular sold to the public ser. #503 and the last International 5488 to roll off the line on loan from CNH.  It was an impressive display to see with a lot of odd and unique tractors.  The one that sticks in my mind the most was the International 4300 he had.  It was sold new in California and in the late 90s iirc someone in New Jersey bought it so it was trucked cross country and just ended up sitting till Jerry bought it for the collection and had it shipped to him.  Come to find out the driver that brought it to Iowa from NJ was the same one that trucked it from CA to NJ years before.

Hopefully somebody takes over the running of it.  His family used to own the local IH dealer that was still there when I visited so maybe whoever bought the dealer will run the museum

ClassicTractorProfessor

Thanks for sharing this Terry, have heard about this place and its been on my list of places to visit for a while now, guess this year better be the year I do it.

diesel cowboy

Got my newest edition of Red Power magazine yesterday and going through it tonight I saw this full page add: 

20200902_211827.jpeg.4c74756116f10fc9b0cf3a2f529b905e.jpeg

I guess nobody is going to take over running the museum and the whole collection is getting broken up :crying-yellow:  Would have liked to get back out there to see it again this year but it just isn't in the cards time and money wise 

• Like 1

T-Mo

It's not farmall land, but here is a place in central Pennsylvania that might be worth a trip.  I'm not sure where it's located at though, exactly.

And of course, if in Florida:

• Like 1

diesel cowboy

I've heard about that one in Pennsylvania before in the Red Power magazine.  Going to have to see about finding out where exactly it is and the hours.  That one I could make a long weekend trip to from where I am to see.  I've been to Paquette's years ago.  My grandparents found it the last time they drove themselves to Florida.  I helped somebody move down there a few years later and stopped on my way back.  It was impressive to see and talk to the owner and see a couple of the tractors and trucks they were restoring in their own shop

Jon D
20 minutes ago, diesel cowboy said:

I've heard about that one in Pennsylvania before in the Red Power magazine.  Going to have to see about finding out where exactly it is and the hours.  That one I could make a long weekend trip to from where I am to see.  I've been to Paquette's years ago.  My grandparents found it the last time they drove themselves to Florida.  I helped somebody move down there a few years later and stopped on my way back.  It was impressive to see and talk to the owner and see a couple of the tractors and trucks they were restoring in their own shop

The Pennsylvania place is near Bloomsburg, about 2 hours from where I live.  There’s also the Williams Grove Tractor show that has hundreds of tractors and engines from all ages. Even showcases steam powered tractors and uses them for powering a sawmill. https://www.wghsea.org