ktowndave

Tiller lift swap

ktowndave

I have a GT-1848/GT-1800 and a friend has a 520H. Will the whole tiller lift assembly from the Gt-1848 fit the 520H?

Edited by ktowndave

c-series don

Yes it will 👍Can we get pictures of the Work Horse? We love pictures! 

Edited by c-series don

ktowndave

Yes I can post pics. It's ugly but it's mine...

84Workhorse

I just came across this post so I'm not sure if it has been solved yet but I'm in the same spot as ktowndave and wanting to put my tiller on a 520H. My problem is I can't see how the lift cable routes to the back of the 520 so the chain on the tiller can hook onto the lift bracket. It's very obvious on the GT1800 so I'm wondering how the 520 lift works. Thanks in advance.

Lee1977

Hydros have a crooked lift tube that go's from the  transmission  mounting plate and curve up under the the hydro pump to the top of the transmission housing.  The lift cable also needs a long clevis to make up for the extra lenght.

SAM-1189.jpg

Edited by Lee1977

84Workhorse

Thanks Lee1977 for your reply. That's what I needed to know. My 520 didn't have the tube which I thought might have been standard on all of them. On my GT the cable was obvious but I couldn't see the tube without taking the seat off. For some reason I had a hard time finding a replacement part online since I didn't think to look at the online tiller parts manual. Long story short, I removed the seat on my GT and found the tube and hold-down bracket and after removing it found it's worn out (see picture). There's a definite groove worn in the tranny from the cable after 35 years of back and forth in there. I ordered a new cable and tube so hopefully next week I will be tilling with the 520. Thanks again.

WH_Cable&Tube.jpg