Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

A little swapping going on

T-Mo

Saturday I traded my JD 110 that I got from Jon for 2 Cub Cadets, a 122 and a 104. My wife thinks I'm nuts for trading a running JD for 2 non-running Cubs, but look what's on these Cubs. A 3 point hitch, headlights, 4 good reflectors and a tail light. Plus, I'm sure I can get both of these running if I can find the time. And I already have a 104 so I have a couple of parts tractors at least. :omg:

100_0574_2.jpg

100_0575_2.jpg

100_0576_2.jpg

100_0577_2.jpg

100_0578_2.jpg

bell

WOW Terry!!!!

AWESOME TRADE! I would have done that in a heartbeat! :omg:

TJ

Good deal. :omg: I like the old Cubs.

WHC-125

Terry great deal! I have a question though, how much do those 3 points go for because I have one I dont need.

T-Mo

All I can tell you, Chris, is to do a search on ebay and in the Cub sites. They are sought after, but they're not too rare. And they're not as pricey as, say a creeper gear or a rear pto, both which aren't that functional as the 3 point's are. Myself I would like to add a creeper gear on my running 104, but like I said, they're not too functional. Also you need to know which 3 point you have, one from an Original, narrow frame, wide frame, etc.

T-Mo

WOW Terry!!!!

AWESOME TRADE! I would have done that in a heartbeat! :drool:

I know, Jon. I was afraid I was getting the better end of the deal, but my wife really let me know that I was nuts for trading something that runs (and that 110 did run good) for non-running Cubs. But, I'm sure that the 110 needed to have the transmission split (remember the slipping out of 4th - which I'm sure was due to a weak detent spring). An inexpensive part, but you have to drop the transmission and split it to replace. And, though I'm sure it wasn't leaking now, at one time the left rear hub had a leak. Since you have to pull the hubs to split the transmission, that would be a good time to replace the hub seals. :omg:

big mike

A complete Cub 3 point should fetch 100.00 any day.....some days more.

My wife is also struggling to understand why I traded a shiney running garden tractor for a 20hp,power steering,dual brake,dual hydraulics,cat 0 3 pt super garden tractor......but she will come around...maybe :omg:

Rollerman

Nice trade Terry.

That 122's a nice looking tractor.

Have you had anytime to work on them yet?

WHC-125

All I can tell you, Chris, is to do a search on ebay and in the Cub sites. They are sought after, but they're not too rare. And they're not as pricey as, say a creeper gear or a rear pto, both which aren't that functional as the 3 point's are. Myself I would like to add a creeper gear on my running 104, but like I said, they're not too functional. Also you need to know which 3 point you have, one from an Original, narrow frame, wide frame, etc.

I took the 3 point off of a model 105, I am pretty sure thats a narrow frame.

T-Mo

Stephen,

I haven't had a chance to work on either yet. I agree on the 122's looks, sort of a cute thing with that blue panel and the headlights. The 122, though, won't go into gear. I have been searching the Cub sites for a possible cause, but to no avail yet. Of the two, I like the 122 the best.

Chris,

Yes, the 105 is a narrow frame. The narrow frames are the Original, of course, the 70, 100, 71, 102, 122, 123, 72, 104, 105, 124, 125, 73, 106, 107, 126, 127, and 147.

CasualObserver

Yes, those are all narrows T-Mo, but be careful with that list.... there are different three point setups for some of them. Some have extra brackets needed, some do not.

T-Mo

Jason, I know the Original is different, but after that I get lost....... :omg:

big mike

T-Mo,the Original isnt usually classified as a narrow frame because it's drive system is different from practically all other Cubs.

The 1x6/7s have a fender pan and need a bracket to hold the 3 point casting that is the only difference in narrow frame 3 pts.

Your 104 probably has a loose or broken shift fork.To fix it you will need to pull the trans(ugh) or pull the fenders and fender deck to get to the shifter.Once you pull the shifter off you will be able to see the problem.In the case of my 126 the shift fork came loose and it jammed in two gears.I set it in neutral,tightened the fork back in place and buttoned it up.If the fork is broken you may be able to repair it(weld)in place and if not the fork will have to be replaced which can be done with the trans in place but it can be dicey.

T-Mo

Thanks, Mike. It's the 122 that won't go into gear - I can't even move the gear shift lever. Another RS member sent me a link to how to fix the shifter forks - I saw that link before, but couldn't find it, so I'm very appreciative of that member's pm. :omg: