Sign in to follow this  
bc.gold

Simplicity 9020

bc.gold

Simplicity 9020 was purchased from a neighbor, seized engine, snow thrower and a 3 point tiller. Engine was replaced with another Onan of the same vintage,

This is the fourth year on this engine, other than adjusting the ignition points and changing the oil no other maintenance other than an electric fuel pump.

Fell in love with the 9020 then when an Allis 720 became available with a blown hydro, purchased it as well. The 720 came with a mower deck and the Arc front end loader.

The hydro drives a three speed trans-axle, blowing through a drift I'ill use first gear, light snow cover second gear.

Driveway and walking trails.

snowblower.jpg

driveway.jpg

yard.jpg

trails.jpg

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 4

bc.gold

When I got this tractor one rear rim had a lot of calcium rot on one side, using the plasma I sliced the bad side off then using a donor rim from a Dodge van sliced off a side then married to to halves together.

Welded together with mig, installed wet tubes then refiled the tires with calcium then customized a set of highway truck chains to fit.

The Allis 720 has the very wide rims and one was a badly ruined from loose wheel studs, to salvage the rim, same deal found donor rim and used the enter piece to replace the bad one.

If you brush off the paint you'll see that the centers are spot welded in three places where the tabs make contact with the rim.

This is how you make a weak Canadian dollar stretch.

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 2

bc.gold

My Simplicity 9020 is destined to become a donor, rear transaxle, Sundstrand hydro, front ribbed tires and rear Ag's onto the Allis Chalmers 720 with the Arc loader.

The tractor and loader will become part of my oil distilling operation.

I'll be moving next to a cedar mill, the sawdust can be steam distilled for the cedar wood oil.

Allis came from a seller in Alberta who delivered it to Manitoba now the tractor is going to British Colombia as part of my settlers affects.

allis.png

tiller.jpg

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 2

Mudrig150

Oh, is that a tiller I see?

• Like 1

bc.gold
On 2/4/2020 at 6:37 AM, Mudrig150 said:

Oh, is that a tiller I see?

Yes it is a tiller, I believe manufactured by Woods.

The Alis Chalmers with attachments sold, sad to see her go but saves me a trip. On a positive note I've secured a steady supply of cedar sawdust fourteen yards loaded for $250.00 .