troutbum70

Proper hydro fluid

troutbum70

This is some ATF I have from a vehicle. Is this particular ATF ok to use in the electro 12 with the sundstrands? And yes it does have ATF in it now. A previous owner has labeling under the seat pan that states 5 quarts for hydro. When I do the drain, replace filter will it actually take 5 quarts? 5quarts seems like a lot. I know just rely on what the dipstick indicates. And is it best to check fluid level when cold or after warmed up and running?

IMG_20200129_064252267.jpg

oliver2-44

That ATF should be fine.  My C-160 took a little less than 4 quarts when I changed it. Then I ran it around a while and it took another 1/2 quart.  I used about 4.3 or so quarts. 

• Like 1

troutbum70

Ok I did not know if seals in it preferred something in particular. And ok on a little over 4 quarts on a filter fluid change. Thank you Oliver

cschannuth
On 1/29/2020 at 8:37 AM, oliver2-44 said:

That ATF should be fine.  My C-160 took a little less than 4 quarts when I changed it. Then I ran it around a while and it took another 1/2 quart.  I used about 4.3 or so quarts. 

When checking the level do you screw in the dipstick or not? Thanks

pfrederi

Manual doesn't provide much guidance.  Kohler is about the only thing in the world where you do not screw in the dipstick to read . (Techy B&S etc. tell you to screw it in)  I doubt the small variance would make any difference the reservoir is quite large...  I screw mine in but whatever floats your boat...

Edited by pfrederi