Barney22

Wheel Horse Info

Barney22

Would anyone be able to tell me the year and model of this one? 
Thanks!

D101BA91-DD3B-4594-AD08-515480C8D5F6.jpeg

39450991-91E9-47F5-8BAE-0ECAE69A1D8D.jpeg

90B14DA8-5A06-4FD7-B5E3-98996E1A16AB.jpeg

FA5E2056-784A-43F7-9E9C-93A1D1A68758.jpeg

CC17D556-1425-493C-82DD-53EF39EA1F99.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

The experts will be along shortly!

Sparky

If that decal is correct it’s a model 754. That equates to 7 HP, electric start and made in 1964.

But it’s a pull start Kohler so....

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:to:rs::greetings-wavegreen:

the bestest tractor site on the planet!!

wallfish

:WRS:

It's not a 754. I'm guessing someone transplanted that 7 hp Kohler engine into a 604 or 654.

• Like 3

gwest_ca

A-73091 is a left over serial sticker from a 1962-63 attachment.

Some showed up on early 1964 models but none of the 754 have revealed any of them.

Engine was used on the 704.

Click on the picture

Garry

• Excellent 1

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Looks like you found yourself a great tractor.  On a 50-60 year old tractor its common to find a few parts from other years. 

The Kohler engine serial number beginning with a "C" make the engine a 1967.  The spec number comes up as a "Wheelhorse 7hp spec#.  So a dealer could have changed the engine out a few years later.

Wasn't this "Sloped Dash and hood design at the steering wheel only used on the 603?

PS That seat back rest is a nice unique item.  While not rare, their not common either. 

CC17D556-1425-493C-82DD-53EF39EA1F99.jpeg

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 2

WHNJ701

are they really tiny emblem stickers on the hood?  nice looking, looks like it was kept well over the years.  

maybe check the belt guard if the original numbers were painted over?

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 1

Achto
1 hour ago, oliver2-44 said:

Wasn't this "Sloped Dash and hood design at the steering wheel only used on the 603?

This design was also used on a 704. If it was a 603, some one installed the wrong steering wheel and added fenders. A pic of a 603.

301-td4-b01-ext315.jpg.6e3fa16dc8f326539bf3296974dd27fc.jpg

A 704

a168328.jpg.941e12d95368e4c3d6bbdc682a9f02ee.jpg

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

:WRS: Barney.... I'm with the others on a mislabeled 604 with a replacement engine but does  not matter... still a nice lookin survivor and appearance tells somebody in the past has loved it. :)

• Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:

The fact that previous owners have made a few modifications doesn't reduce the fun factor one bit. Enjoy the :wh: as it is and please feel free to ask any questions that may come up.

• Like 4

wallfish

:text-yeahthat: but not so sure it's been modified. I forgot about the 704 and that appears to me exactly what it is, Garry and Dan nailed it. A 1964 704. The engine spec may confirm this.

Either way the the 604, 654, 704 tractors would've basically been the same tractor except with minor differences and different engines

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
16 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

The Kohler engine serial number beginning with a "C" make the engine a 1967.  The spec number comes up as a "Wheelhorse 7hp spec#.  So a dealer could have changed the engine out a few years later.

Thinkin you may be on to something there Jim. Maybe a 604 with a finicky Tecky ….. PO suffered a rotator cuff injury from yanking on a dead Tecky and just told a dealer to put the Kohler in? I forgot about the 654 so maybe that with a sour Tecky hence the 754 custom label?? 

This is all just speculation Barney but it keeps us occupied! :lol: Chances are one may never know the true model but as Richard said fun factor! 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

Heck, I can’t tell you what most of my tractors should be any more...  they all seem to find a special touch once in a while!

:text-welcomewave: @Barney22!

rjg854

:WRS: @Barney22

Decent little tractor you've got there :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Barney22

Thank you all for your expertise.its been in the family for Forty six years.What puzzles me is why my dad put 754 on it when he repainted it about 40 years ago.Back then before the internet I don’t know if he would have known the different models.The only thing I can think of is when We bought it there were two tractors there.This one and one that was rusted badly (Electric start)maybe the other one had 754 on it..Good stuff guys and thanks again!