callum12

a new awesome little trailer! saxon industries

stevasaurus

I love it!!  We, on this side of the pond would love that trailer, but no doubt that trailer commands more respect because of the journey it may have made.  Funny how the grass is always greener on the other side.  Looks like some American ingenuity built into her.  Thanks for sharing.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 2

peter lena

CALLUM 12, welcome , i agree with you on the tire issue, you might look on a small trailer related wheel site , for ideas, and opportunities . just size up bearing and wheel maximums, for your axle and you might find your upgrade. good luck on your search , pete  

• Like 1

callum12
8 minutes ago, peter lena said:

CALLUM 12, welcome , i agree with you on the tire issue, you might look on a small trailer related wheel site , for ideas, and opportunities . just size up bearing and wheel maximums, for your axle and you might find your upgrade. good luck on your search , pete  

i've got a few ideas, i've got a set of WH front wheels that would work nicely (axle size dependant) or maybe just some better tyres. 

maybe i should go dually! haha 

• Like 4

callum12
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

I love it!!  We, on this side of the pond would love that trailer, but no doubt that trailer commands more respect because of the journey it may have made.  Funny how the grass is always greener on the other side.  Looks like some American ingenuity built into her.  Thanks for sharing.  :occasion-xmas:

I always look at the stuff you US guys have with envy, i'm very happy to have found such a trailer. it's pretty much how i would have built one. 

cheers,

Callum 

• Like 2

ZXT
2 hours ago, callum12 said:

IMG_4609.jpg.b3c169f448a85a800d0ae3e7268022a8.jpg

That's an interesting front wheel setup you've got. Are they off of something or are they something you made up?

Edited by ZXT
  • Like 1

callum12
1 hour ago, ZXT said:

That's an interesting front wheel setup you've got. Are they off of something or are they something you made up?

I wanted proper hubs on the front, not sure why but i thought it would look cool! 

i brought some trailer stub axles, cut the end off, drilled to except the WH spindle and welded it in place.

tyres are Duro tri ribs.

i did make a post about the conversion years ago but i imagine the pictures have since been lost :( 

all the best,

Callum 

• Like 2

Pullstart
15 hours ago, ZXT said:

There’s more than just hubs that make this tractor interesting.  A keen eye will see a true 3 speed rearend on this vertical shaft machine.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2