bub

Hydraulic lift adjustment

bub

I have been trying to adjust the lift on my mower on 416H.  If i adj so that the rubber bumpers on mower deck hit foot rests like manual says the mower will not lower enough so the lift bar wont slide out of the mower.  If i adj the lift so the lift bar will slide into the mower it doesnt lift high enough for the wheels to get off the ground..Does this make sense to anyone?

cleat

Yes.

To get the lift bar to be free then set the cut height to near the highest it will go on the deck.

After the lift bar is free you can lower the deck cut height if needed to slide the deck out.

If that does not work then we can do some more troubleshooting.

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:  Can we assume the "fork" is engaged properly in the attach-matic?

bub

yes it is

• Like 1

Lee1977

That's typical the tractor is around 30 years old or so everthing has some wear. The deck wheel touching to ground with the deck lifted won't hurt anything.  The rubber is leaning over might have touched when new and it's the only one with the same size tires as original. My other two have larger tires and they are more diffcult to change decks. I have to prize the deck up to attach the lift rod. The %20-H has 24" on the back and 18"on the front. the 312-8 has 25"on the back and 16" on the front with the long spindles for 6" wheels. The larger tires also makes it harder to get the decks under the tractors.