Usmcmech87

Is this a Wheel Horse?

Usmcmech87

Hi There, 

I hope you all are doing well,.  I am trying to move a mower to my side of the country but I am unable to find any specs on it.  My first question is 1)Is this in fact a Wheel Horse?  2) If so, what Model?  

This was my grandfathers and it fell off a trailer some years (~15) back and someone took it upon themselves to "fix".  That leads me to believe it may have parts off of other models making it harder to identify.  My grandfather passed away some time ago and this is sitting under a friends awning for me to get it however I have no way to have the elderly gentlemen identify anything more other than the pictures here.  I am looking at having Uship pick up however the weight difference between the different models of Wheel Horse's are quite large meaning I can potentially save some mula if I know the exact specs.  

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post, but I do appreciate everyone's input.  

Thank you,

IMG_0300.JPEG

IMG_0301.JPEG

IMG_0302.JPEG

Lee1977

Case  Ingersoll

• Like 5

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square.  What is the rest of that red in the background?  :occasion-xmas:

Ed Kennell

Image result for case ingersoll garden tractor picsLee nailed it.  BTW, we have a "hauling help" section.  Scroll down on the home page.

Oh, :text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:

Edited by Ed Kennell

peter lena

i was just going to say , big tire case , interesting, while i was first thinking about a " garden tractor "  the three i came down to were , the bolens , the case, and the horse. they were all very solid and built to last. came down to money and practicality for my yard. i recently saw another simular case that sold for $ 800  , with a deck and a hydro , still looking very solid . glad i got my c 85 black hood back in 82 , but i think with the initial build quality of either of the three would have stood the test of time , pete

• Like 2

Usmcmech87

Oh wow, that was solved in 2 minutes.  I really appreciate the quick replies.  Also, thank you all for the warm welcome :)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHNJ701

it's 400 series, 14hp = 444

16 hp. 446, 18hp 448

• Like 1

Pullstart

@Usmcmech87 :text-welcomewave: and thanks for your service!  :flags-waveusa:  I believe @nylyon could add your branch’s badge to your profile.

• Excellent 1

T-Mo

The Case/Ingersoll tractors were well built machines, and very durable.  As mentioned, that one is probably a 400 series, 442, 444, 446 or a 448.  Ingersoll, when they bought the Case L&G line in the 80s, changed the numbering system a bit later on, i.e. the 400 series became 4000 series.  Myself, I would love to own a big-wheel Case/Ingersoll.

• Like 1