Mudrig150

John deere 200 series hydro

Mudrig150

I was planning on a simple build... A John deere 200 series with a WH hydro trans in it. Variator delete, maybe. 

Hm... Maybe someday.

bds1984

What Wheel Horse transmission and which 200 series JD?

T-Mo

If adjusted correctly, the variator on the Peerless 2300 transmissions are great - gives you different speeds in 4 different gears going forward.  To be honest, if you want a John Deere hydro, stay with your 140 or your 317.  I don't see any benefit of putting a hydro in a 200 series.

Mudrig150
6 hours ago, T-Mo said:

If adjusted correctly, the variator on the Peerless 2300 transmissions are great - gives you different speeds in 4 different gears going forward.  To be honest, if you want a John Deere hydro, stay with your 140 or your 317.  I don't see any benefit of putting a hydro in a 200 series.

Cool value.

T-Mo

Reminds me of a guy I know - who started a lot of "cool" projects.  He got them to a certain point, then quit as he started another "cool" project.  The point is, you seem to have a lot of projects either started or in the planning stages.  It would be better to stay focus on a certain project, time and money wise, and get it finished before moving on to the next project.

As for the cool value of a hydro 200 series, the frames on a John Deere 200 series are wider than the frame of a Wheel Horse.  So there may have to be some brackets made to fit a hydro from a WH on a 200 series JD.  Also, pulleys probably won't align properly due to the differences in frame widths.  I've seen a lot of "cool" 200 series JDs, but every one of them took prior planning, a big wallet, a lot of time, a lot of fabrication, and a lot of headaches.  Do your self a favor and put this one on the back burner and finished the ones you already started.

• Like 2

Mudrig150
7 hours ago, T-Mo said:

Reminds me of a guy I know - who started a lot of "cool" projects.  He got them to a certain point, then quit as he started another "cool" project.  The point is, you seem to have a lot of projects either started or in the planning stages.  It would be better to stay focus on a certain project, time and money wise, and get it finished before moving on to the next project.

As for the cool value of a hydro 200 series, the frames on a John Deere 200 series are wider than the frame of a Wheel Horse.  So there may have to be some brackets made to fit a hydro from a WH on a 200 series JD.  Also, pulleys probably won't align properly due to the differences in frame widths.  I've seen a lot of "cool" 200 series JDs, but every one of them took prior planning, a big wallet, a lot of time, a lot of fabrication, and a lot of headaches.  Do your self a favor and put this one on the back burner and finished the ones you already started.

That's the plan. It's just an idea.

Herder
On 1/11/2020 at 7:34 AM, T-Mo said:

IMG_1530.JPG.5240ca306c2c66e07616e210f1665966.JPG

:text-yeahthat:Multiple belts and pulleys, adjustments and nun if it is easy to get too!!  This ones has been a challenge since it showed up.  She wants to stay retired.