12Horse Paladin

HELP, Front Wheel Removal

Pullstart

Maybe we should compare left vs right... maybe our tractor’s spindles were switched at birth, had the same owner at one time, or just dumb luck!

• Like 1

12Horse Paladin
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

Maybe we should compare left vs right... maybe our tractor’s spindles were switched at birth, had the same owner at one time, or just dumb luck!

🤣👍🤣

...Sure!; on mine, the nut is on the right, as you look at the tractor from the front; eclip is on the left...🤔

😉

Edited by 12Horse Paladin
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
8 minutes ago, 12Horse Paladin said:

🤣👍🤣

...Sure!; on mine, the nut is on the right, as you look at the tractor from the front; eclip is on the left...🤔

😉

Our genius resident @WHX24 swears by driver’s and passenger’s sides... though I claim we sit in the middle as operators.  Pick your poison... the bolt’s riding driver’s side?  :laughing-rofl:

• Haha 1

12Horse Paladin
15 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Our genius resident @WHX24 swears by driver’s and passenger’s sides... though I claim we sit in the middle as operators.  Pick your poison... the bolt’s riding driver’s side?  :laughing-rofl:

YUP, driver's side...

Fwiw...i was gonna use that phrase, as thats how my Dad taught me...

But then thought like you, bout 'middle'...lol

• Haha 1

12Horse Paladin
11 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

A couple of additional tips...

Wear safety goggles when you remove the retaining rings.

And, when you get done with this project, make sure you install plastic/rubber hub caps on both wheels.  There's several options available, it just depends on how much you want to spend.  Glen Pettit, and Wheel Horse Parts & More, both vendors on this forum, carry a good variety of high quality parts, and they're both very good people to work with.  I'm also personally a fan of the upper spindle caps that Glen carries, I think they do a lot to keep dirt and moisture out of the steering system.

Could you tell me how to get ahold of Glen? As in, does he have a website to order from? I saw his ad here, but no website, and i cant remember where i saw the logo stamped dust caps for sale directly...

tunahead72

Yep, right here:

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/31908-04-rubber-hub-caps-lenses-6-items-here/

The hub caps are described in posts #1 (higher quality) and #4 (less expensive) there.  He describes how to order at the bottom of that first post.  It looks like some of his photos have been lost, but I can vouch for their good looks and quality.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

Glen had a stroke in the past year or two and some of his timing has been extended if you will.  He’s a great guy and so far it seems like you’re not in the biggest need to get this tractor back up and fully functional... just be patient with his response time.  I feel like he may be one of the heavy contenders as to why my girls are so excited about going to shows, and being involved with the hobby.  He had a booth at our first show/meet and greet/plow day and insisted on them finding a few trinkets and whatnot to take, but wouldn’t allow any payment but a thank you and some cute little smiles!

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

WHX??
13 hours ago, pullstart said:

Our genius resident @WHX24 swears by driver’s and passenger’s sides... though I claim we sit in the middle as operators.  

Looks to be a driver/passenger here! 

20180621_191421.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bottjernat1

Did we get this figured out? photo's if you can so if anybody else has this issue they can get it figured out.

12Horse Paladin
39 minutes ago, bottjernat1 said:

Did we get this figured out? photo's if you can so if anybody else has this issue they can get it figured out.

If you mean this; here's the only pics i have @ the moment...dunno if they'll show the difference in sides real well, but it is there...

The other is just to show the parts holding each wheel on, on each side, as i pulled them.

Yea; already knew i needed new dustcaps, lol

20200106_142623.jpg

20200106_142510.jpg

Edited by 12Horse Paladin
  • Excellent 1

The Tuul Crib
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Looks to be a driver/passenger here! 

20180621_191421.jpg

We use driver ... curb side here. 
l understand!

• Haha 1

The Tuul Crib

Looks like you have a clip on oneside

and a bolt on the other.Two different 

spindles maybe?

• Like 1

bottjernat1
4 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

Looks like you have a clip on oneside

and a bolt on the other.Two different 

spindles maybe?

thats what i was thinking as well. i saw the photo and thought what in the world. LOL! my wifes old rj when i was working on it someone instead of putting the c clips back on to hold the front wheels they drilled out the spindle and had a tiny bolt to hold the wheels on. i fixed it and put it back the way it was supposed to be.

Edited by bottjernat1