Greentored

Another new addict

Greentored

The family bleeds green lawn and garden tractors, however Im the black sheep and always liked the Horses. Wanted one that could handle implements as well as lawn duty and have power to spare, so I snagged a working 91 520H.

I can see already that this is not going to be a 'perform maintenance and put it to work' piece of equipment, I brought it home 6 days ago and have already done the maintenance, fixed most of the wiring gremlins, fitted a polished stainless stack, torn it half apart and ordered paint and new decals.

I believe this forum is going to be a huge help along the way. Heres to another addiction:lol:

• Excellent 7

ebinmaine

Welcome aboard.

Glad to see you have the addiction terminology straight already.

You will most certainly find all the help you need and then some. If you're not careful you may even make a friend or two.

• Like 2

WHX??
1 hour ago, Greentored said:

fitted a polished stainless stack

I welcomed you in your other thread Green but need to advise you everyone here loves :text-coolphotos:!

Some of the 520s I drag home are clean put to work right off. Some need a little (or a lot) :lol: of attention from neglect or just plain the PO not knowing what he was doing! You might want to consider one of Matt's pedal kits. He's in the vendors section. . Coverts the column motion control to foot.

20151114_180041.jpg

20160817_193933.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 4

JoeM

be careful, they multiply!

Welcome to the square!

• Like 1

Stormin

:WRS:  from the :UK:  The disease is this side of the Pond as well. There is no escape!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Herder

:woohoo: The wheel Horse addiction clams another one.  :WRS:  No need to suffer is silence.  This is the best support group that you will find.  We will get you though it and by the way :wwp: 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

rjg854

Welcome tractor user, to the red side!

Let the force be with you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti::rs:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Lost.soul.collecter

:text-welcomeconfetti:

oliver2-44
3 hours ago, rjg854 said:

Welcome tractor user, to the red side!

Let the force be with you. 

Kind of catchy... I think this could be a new emoji

Welcome to the Red side

Let the horse be with you

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 5

Greentored

Wow, thanks you all! I camp, hunt, and do a lot of outdoorsy stuff. About 4 years ago I bought an old Coleman lantern at an antique shop and restored it. Two months later I had 7 and realized this may become a problem, but assured the girlfriend "this is a fun hobby and keeps me at home, I can foresee having 12-15 but thats it." A year later I counted 104, they overtook the garage, back shed, some found their way into the house on display, then began pouring over to my work office when she said "buy all you want, but you're not bringing any more to this house!" Im now afraid to count, and no doubt hit close to 150 before selling 25-30 off.

Long story short, if this addiction is even remotely close to lanterns, I am in big, big trouble!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, Greentored said:

, if this addiction is even remotely close

Yoooo izz gonna needa bigga building...

I started out with 1 about three years ago and then my Honey bought one. Now we have two each, running. Also one project each. Also another one in the waiting for her mom.

I may possibly also have something else showing up on Saturday.....

:hide:

• Haha 3

WHX??
58 minutes ago, Greentored said:

I bought an old Coleman lantern

Coincidence I bought 2 at a rummage sale … buck a piece. Figured they be nice ambiance at tractor shows or on the porch.  Dragged them home cleaned em up got em working.

Found two more then had a little white gas incident. :happy-bouncyredfire::angry-extinguishflame:

Took up kerosene lanterns and missus ended my gas lantern hobby! 

• Haha 3

Pullstart
9 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Kind of catchy... I think this could be a new emoji

Welcome to the Red side

Let the horse be with you

Or a chant of some type...

In response we can say:   And also with you.

Or...  Now get some gas and work the yard.

• Haha 1

Sparky
22 hours ago, Greentored said:

Wow, thanks you all! I camp, hunt, and do a lot of outdoorsy stuff. About 4 years ago I bought an old Coleman lantern at an antique shop and restored it. Two months later I had 7 and realized this may become a problem, but assured the girlfriend "this is a fun hobby and keeps me at home, I can foresee having 12-15 but thats it." A year later I counted 104, they overtook the garage, back shed, some found their way into the house on display, then began pouring over to my work office when she said "buy all you want, but you're not bringing any more to this house!" Im now afraid to count, and no doubt hit close to 150 before selling 25-30 off.

Long story short, if this addiction is even remotely close to lanterns, I am in big, big trouble!

:WRS:

I hear ya on the obsession thing. I picked up an antique flashlight many years ago thinking it was cool looking and would make a good shelf decoration...today I bet I have 70 plus antique flashlights all over the house. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 1

953 nut
23 hours ago, Greentored said:

if this addiction is even remotely close to lanterns, I am in big, big trouble!

Image result for you're in big trouble mister      511417823_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.a0cdf516309f44aba78cf50d91730986.jpg

• Haha 2

ZXT

Hey @Greentored! Any pictures of this project? We love seeing tractors that are a work-in-progress!

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the best forum on the internet!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Welcome to the crowd. :text-welcomeconfetti:

Glenn

Greentored
On 12/20/2019 at 9:52 AM, ZXT said:

Hey @Greentored! Any pictures of this project? We love seeing tractors that are a work-in-progress!

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the best forum on the internet!

Yes sir! I posted up in the resto forum- 520H mild resto.

• Like 1