Sign in to follow this  
lotus1967

Hello from Cincinnati

lotus1967

Hello. I'm a long tine Wheel Horse owner/user, but relativly new to the forum. Found you'll a few weeks ago while looking for some info for my machine, and have become "hooked" into daily visits to see what's going on.

A little background: I was raised on a farm in what was then a rural area outside Cincinnati. That area is now completely burbs. Our farm was one of the last to go and I managed to save a 2 acre homesite in the deal. While we had the farm, we were a Farmall/IH user, but in the mid 60's got a Wheel Horse for yard use. I still used a Cub, or Farmall A for the major mowing though. Sold farm in 86 and got rid of all the equipment before I realized I needed something for my 2 acres. Like trained, I want to the local IH dealer and bought a 19 horse Cadet with a 54" belly mower.

In 92, the family bought a weekend getaway house at a lake east of Cincinnati. Not wanting to spend my weekends mowing grass, I looked for, and found, a very slightly used Horse 418-8 with 42" deck and a Peco 7 horse vac.

In 2005 we sold both the 2 acre home and the lake and moved to a house in suburbia with a 3/4 acre lot. Deciding which Garden Tractor to keep took very little effort even though I knew the Horse was way overkill for my new yard.

Little did I know at the time that neighborhood manliness is measured by size. And unplanned by me, I've got the biggest and baddest on the block. All the other guys run for their garage whenever I pull out the Red Beast. (course, maybe they're waiting for me to mow their lawns too-NOT)

Anyway, I've fortunatly "backed into" a very good situation.

Best reward is watching them all go out about every 3 years and bring home a new Big Box POC to replace their current 3 year old worn out POC, while I just keep going on my 1987 Horse, which also happens to still be the best looking tractor on the block.

People just never learn.

Anyway, I look forward to learning and sharing through the forum

Scott

Duff

Great story, Scott, and :drool: !

Really glad to have you among us!

Now...howsabout some :drool:

Best wishes,

Duff :omg:

Coadster32

:omg: Thanks for sharing the short story. Great place to be is on RS! I too look every day.

TJ

:omg:

C-Series14

Welcome from SW Ohio!

Operator

Great story Scott! And :omg:

That's what it is all about!

Randy

bo dawg

I like the story and :drool: you will always enjoy this group, its a lot of fun and educational. Cincinnatti is not too far from me. Glad to have you aboard :omg:

:drool:

Bill

:omg: Good story

Eriks Red horse herd

Once a Red tractor man, always a red tractor man(weather Farmall or Wheel Horse). You can't take the country out of the city boy!

WHC-125

KyBlue

Greetings! Glad to have another neighbor to the immediate north!!

Great story, and as others pointed out... :omg:

bitten

As the others have said great story. Glad to have another member from Ohio.

P.J.

pond195520032003

:drool: Scott, really liked the story and to show the neighbors the best tractor out their :omg: Greg in s.e. ohio

HorseFixer

:drool: Great story thanks for sharing! :omg: