Anthony Wendover

Dual stage wood block snowblower tensioner

Kurt-NEPA

Does this help?

image.png.57d3f72b426494c4683d6a4519150178.png

• Excellent 1

peter lena

@Kurt-NEPA looks good to me , a lubricated idler sprocket , the way it should be , keep it greasy , pete

• Like 1

WHX??
23 hours ago, fishdoktor said:

Can someone show me how to mount this, I have the red bracket, just don't see where to mount it thanks.

It mounts to the back plate just below the right angle gearbox. There should be slotted holes for tensioning it. 

image.png.57d3f72b426494c4683d6a4519150178.png

Edited by WHX??

fishdoktor

Yes, kinda. I mounted it facing up using the slotted hole only. Couldn't find the other mounting hole. Just snowed here again, gonna try it. I have no luck with half links, I've even used a bigger cotter pin but after a while apart it comes. If I take out another link it's too short, can't win, wish I could go belt. Thanks for the reply.

fishdoktor

Thanks, looks like you're tightening the chain on the bottom of the sprockets. I only have 1 slotted hole for the red bracket, is that right?

Kurt-NEPA
1 hour ago, fishdoktor said:

Thanks, looks like you're tightening the chain on the bottom of the sprockets. I only have 1 slotted hole for the red bracket, is that right?

Yes, my chain runs under the idler sprocket.  Note that I did have to add a spacer to get the idler sprocket to line up with the other sprockets.  There should be two slotted holes for the adjusting carriage bolts.  One might be hard to see as it is below the gear box.  The original adjustment bracket would not work with just one slot.

WHX??

No there should be two slotted holes or one continuous slot for both carriage bolts. Ther has to be two bolts or it won't work. 

Pics would help us a bunch guy. 

Kurt-NEPA
2 minutes ago, Kurt-NEPA said:

Yes, my chain runs under the idler sprocket.  Note that I did have to add a spacer to get the idler sprocket to line up with the other sprockets.  There should be two slotted holes for the adjusting carriage bolts.  One might be hard to see as it is below the gear box.  The original adjustment bracket would not work with just one slot.

Two slotted holes
image.png.d1b1937cdf8854b728bd36d3a4277ef8.png

image.png.3a19f0ba4a68e31cf31294fe2e5e9c16.png

• Like 1

Kurt-NEPA

Another pic
image.png.186a75d08b1ccf8353d7132bc1476e7b.png

WHX??

What's this dim. Kurt? 2 in or so? 

I like 'Fish's small sprocket but I have a few of those size with nothing to do so going to make one. 

Kurt-NEPA
8 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

What's this dim. Kurt? 2 in or so? 

I like 'Fish's small sprocket but I have a few of those size with nothing to do so going to make one. 

This is a sketch I make years ago. I hope it helps.

BTW, My blower has functioned flawlessly for 7 years now since I made this mod as well as a complete rebuild.  This thing is a beast for sure.

image.png.5931a0b0ca4a7da20e097ecc01ae090c.png

c-series don

@fishdoktor you’re in Northville LI as in like just outside of Riverhead? 

fishdoktor

Northville NY north of Albany. I found the other slotted hole, or rather I can feel it. It's in a tough spot. Thanks for all your help good summer project!