Sign in to follow this  
12Horse Paladin

Thinking About Chrome Plating

12Horse Paladin

There really isnt anyplace local here that does such a small job...at some point, i'dvlike to have these hubcaps for my Bronco14 redone (yup; i'd have to find a front, too...these were all he gave me).

Since i'd have to ship them anyway, figured i'd ask here, if any of the vendors, or members, do it? 

I'm not looking for show quality,  but anything is better than this poor neglected state...

Thanks for any leads or ideas; y'all have a good day, and stay warm!20191202_061450.jpg.6d58eb6c6bc6c10eca7edfb541112012.jpg

20191116_160045.jpg

Pullstart

You might be surprised what some OO steel wool and some soapy water might do for ya!  It’s worth a shot, before sending them for a swim in the drink...  I did similar with Frank’s one rusted eye but with a wire brush and sand paper... not looking for a beautiful finish.

Tractorhead

For a good quality chrome plating it‘s necessary to have a very clean and smooth Surface.

I would put them in galvanic Tank and try to polish as good as possibly as a preparation to get a clean Surface.

previous handling as pullstart suggested will may be a good Start.