Rick Ferrucci

hydraulic (lack of) lift power

Rick Ferrucci

Hello,

In getting my tractor ready for snow, I’m noticing that when I put the blade down, I’m not able to lift the front tires off the ground. When I move the lift lever back and forth, it bucks like it wants to lift the front, and it does take the weight off the front, it just doesn’t lift high. It’s got fluid, at least the dipstick indicates it does. The tractor moves around fast, but I only have flat ground. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might check? Thanks for your help.

Rick 

pfrederi

What model tractor are you using.  Is this a new issue???  Some tractors only generate down force with a special link.

Rick Ferrucci

My tractor is a GT 14. It normally does have down force to the blade. One thing more though. I’ve had the tractor for six years, and I’ve never changed the filter. I only use this tractor to plow snow, so I’ve probably only put maybe 50 hrs on it if that.

953 nut

:WRS:

Here is the manual for your Sundstrand hydrogear transmission. There is a over-pressure valve that could be in need of servicing or a new spring.

Rick Ferrucci

Thank you for this manual, I need some information on servicing, and maintaining this.

• Like 1