Sign in to follow this  
Elliot Garfinkel

5025 help

Elliot Garfinkel

Hi all putting the tranny back together not sure if I got it right but maybe someone  can tell by these  pictures. It seems  like when I try to turn axel it just free spins but when I grab the gears on the bottom  it all seems to turn.want to make sure I get it right before I button it up. Thanks20191127_184211.jpg.d96bae78f28b96cfffe6a3a33298685e.jpg

20191127_183851.jpg

20191127_183809.jpg

20191127_183832.jpg

• Like 1

ZXT

I can't speak for if the gears are in the correct positions, but have a helper hold the other axle while you spin the input shaft. One will turn which should be correct! 

Elliot Garfinkel

Okay thanks for the fast reply will ck it out tomorrow I was just watching  steveasorus video and it look like he was able to turn it all from grabbing the top, Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

stop halt....you have at least one issue there.  :bow-blue:

stevasaurus

@Elliot Garfinkel   1st, just concerned about what you said about turning the axle.  If the pinions are in the differential correctly and the trans is in neutral, when you turn one of the axles, the other axle should turn in the other direction.

2nd, it looks like all of the gears are where they should be...and facing the right way.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  The thing I see is that your reduction gear is not all the way down on the cluster gear shaft.  That gear should be even with the little pinion gear on top of the splined shaft.  

Either, the bottom pinion is not down all the way (it is keyed), your cluster gear looks to be correct, the top reduction gear is not tapped all the way down (it is keyed).  If it is not even with the splined shaft pinion at the top, the case will not go on.  Take a good look, it just may need a small tap with a ball peen...check the wood ruff key under the reduction gear to make sure it is not holding the gear up a little  :occasion-xmas:

5025 13.jpg

Elliot Garfinkel

Okay thanks will check out tomorrow I've got to say if it wasnt for your video and I had just the manual to follow my stress level would of been over the top. Thanks again to all for your continued  help.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

sent PM/

The Tuul Crib
On 11/29/2019 at 3:48 PM, stevasaurus said:

sent PM/

Good eye!! :ph34r:

Edited by The Tool Crib