AHS

Short shute auger on tall shute??

AHS

I have short shute with a good auger, beautiful! And a long shute with an auger that’s just about trash! What about the short shute auger on the tall shute? Are the auger bearings the same? I believe the auger I the same between the tall and the short. Any thing else? 

23C448E7-2499-4667-AE97-C9C63F44D69B.jpeg

EB095FE4-F686-45B4-8874-A91E29D61C59.jpeg

7C310463-814E-40AD-BBAB-13DF9E524E1A.jpeg

gwest_ca

It would not surprise me if they were the same. The only way to determine would be to compare the parts lists for each model. Have model numbers?

Garry

AHS

I have the model # of the tall and short shute

troutbum70

Is it not possible to swap out the shuts?

roadapples
2 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

Is it not possible to swap out the shuts?

I think you can...

AHS

With wheel horse keeping the same old attach a matic since ‘73!, I believe you can. Wheel horse kept everything the same!👍 and simple!

peter lena

i have to say , that the trashed snow blower that you have is the worst i have ever seen !  i could not even imagine using / running a blower to that state . as far as the chute goes, i agree with above on the probability of  chute exchanges , they are pretty basic in fit. i would use the opportunity to modify and smooth out any  bent or rusted areas. remember that a tall chute works better on dry snow than wet snow. i use lucas red and tacky grease on my chute base swivel area, regularly use chain and cable spray on the gear /chain auger drive , believe it or not , that auger should spin up by hand for ease of movement, this is my experience with a 36-42  single stage that has many movement details that let it run with little effort. pete

AHS
4 hours ago, peter lena said:

i have to say , that the trashed snow blower that you have is the worst i have ever seen !  i could not even imagine using / running a blower to that state . as far as the chute goes, i agree with above on the probability of  chute exchanges , they are pretty basic in fit. i would use the opportunity to modify and smooth out any  bent or rusted areas. remember that a tall chute works better on dry snow than wet snow. i use lucas red and tacky grease on my chute base swivel area, regularly use chain and cable spray on the gear /chain auger drive , believe it or not , that auger should spin up by hand for ease of movement, this is my experience with a 36-42  single stage that has many movement details that let it run with little effort. pete

They will fit!! I just asked Bradstreet ( the old wheelhorse dealer) and the bearings are the same the augers are the same!!😁 as you said @peter lena “the trashed blower” hit some kind of piece of firewood or dog chain... from what I heard! The “trashed one” is going out back or just in the metal pile and the short shute auger is going in there!! I’m so happy, just overjoyed!!👍😁

• Excellent 1