Sign in to follow this  
Prater

36" Tiller Help

Prater

I am rebuilding a 36" tiller for my 416 and need some reference pics. Can anyone take a pic of their tiller attached to the mower. I need some close ups of the bracket that attaches to the lift cable. I also need to know how long the belt is so I can get a replacement. The TORO one is a bit $$

emerichsales

I advise getting the Toro belt. It is coated in a special solution to eliminate slipping. Aftermarket belts that are close are not. You will just cause yourself a world of headaches. Sorry i cant help with pictures of the tiller for you...

kpinnc

Steven- check the image gallery HERE and see if it has what you need. If not, let me know and I'll get some pics for you. I'm about 90% done with a rebuild myself.

Kevin

kpinnc

Here are a few "borrowed" pics Steven:

n_a.jpg

This is a friend's machine that has the gas tank removed, so you can see the linkage setup. Your bell crank may be slightly different, but this is how it mounts up:

P2050828.jpg

P2050827.jpg

Kevin

ARiley15

Does anyone have a pictures of how the belt drive is supposed to be hooked to the PTO? I have the older (1980 I think) tiller, model number 07-36TL01. The mount that goes in the mid-mount does not have the fork that stabilizes it. I can't seem to figure out the routing for the belt without running into the PTO guard. Looked at the parts explosion on Toro's website but that was no help either. Thank in advance for any help you can provide.

KyBlue

Here ya go...

4f387624.jpg

4009237e.jpg

dabc02ac.jpg

164d5624.jpg

38f2c84d.jpg

ARiley15

Solves the mystery. Thank you 4StarCstms!!!!