Mudrig150

That's a relief...

Mudrig150

I really thought I'd done myself in this time. I honestly hasn't been doing too good.

Abdominal cramps, bloody stool, almost vomiting... Thought I'd gotten a tear in my insides and done myself in...

Turns out, the cramps and vomiting were psychological (I make myself sick a so I don't have to take my ADHD medication) and the bloody stool is just a hemorrhoid. Kind of weird, having a hemorrhoid at only 16, though. That's a relief to hear...

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine

Good to hear you're taking care of yourself.

We've all had a lesson or two there.

Pay attention to what your body is telling you.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

A couple things I learned once I hit 30.  

A good friend told me you can never trust a fart.  

I’ve been told all my life to lift with my legs, not my back.  I’ll ad to that... accept help lifting when it’s offered.  I’ve put 8’ snow plows into the back of a truck myself.  I feel the things I have lifted quite often.  

Get well soon.

• Like 4

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, pullstart said:

A couple things I learned once I hit 30.  

A good friend told me you can never trust a fart.  

I’ve been told all my life to lift with my legs, not my back.  I’ll ad to that... accept help lifting when it’s offered.  I’ve put 8’ snow plows into the back of a truck myself.  I feel the things I have lifted quite often.  

Get well soon.

My "awakening" to real life was at 42 so you're 12 years ahead of me.

Up until 3 or 4 years ago I rarely asked for or even accepted help.

I've always been the big guy.

When lifting and moving heavy things,

Either "It moves or I get hurt"... I won most of the time.

:P

I try to be smarter nowadays.

• Like 3

peter lena

experience tells me to stay on the positive side of getting after issues , as opposed to the typical macho outlook of  " toughing it out ". if you macho out your health , you collect and brag about your problems , while never taking care of them. look around your self to see what not to do , pete

• Like 1

Darb1964

My body is worn out from doing stupid things showing off. Twenty one years ago I was diagnosed with MS and it is rearing its ugly head and has humbled the hell out of me. I just try to keep plugging that's all you can do. I'm lucky I have good friends and family members who are supportive. Checking the goings on on this site helps me to forget my health for a while. I should be in the woods right now, hard to get motivated. Keep tring!!

• Like 1

WHNJ701

a few years ago I needed to get to something in the shed and the panzer tractor in the way by a few inches, I just picked the back end up slide it over.  

wound up tearing my right rotator cuff.

I refused surgery, watched a ton you tube physical therapy videos. seemed to work.  for about 3 months after it happened it was rough.  couldn't throw a football or baseball.

another story a year or so after that I saw a 4 wheeler 125cc out by the road and stopped to see how much, the sign said free!  so I wasn't going to pass that up.  so with no ramps no help I managed to 1 2 3 it into the back of the truck.  all while the dude across the street cutting his grass was watching me struggle.  so I still get clicking noises in the shoulder ever now and then.

Edited by jabelman
  • Like 1

Achto

Good to hear that things are not too serious. Take care of your self.

• Like 1

Mudrig150

I need more fiber in my diet. Been saying that for a while now.