The Tuul Crib

Stater Question?

The Tuul Crib

I have acquired several stators off of these motors I've been collecting and I have noticed that some staters are wider than others the ones wrapped in blue are wider than the others are narrower.  What is the difference in amps?

WHX??

Now Cribs you ain't no newbie so you KNOW :banana-gotpics:

My guess is different spec nos as well as amps output and pigtail configures. You would have to know the Kohler PNs to know what they are rated in amps output but hingeing my bet on some of the fellas will know by sight. Gotta remember these motors were made for alot of different oems with their own stator output requirements. 

Stepney

In 68 WH went with bendix starter Kohler engines and a 10 amp alternator. I think somewhere around 1972 they changed to a 15amp. That may well be the difference?
There was also the 3 amp non-regulated stator in the 1980's. 

I do distinctly remember my 68 Electro had issues with the PTO and lights being on at the same time. It had the 10amp unit but a magneto ignition .. I often wonder if that was an attempt to cut down power draw for the undersize alt. 

The Tuul Crib
23 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

Now Cribs you ain't no newbie so you KNOW :banana-gotpics:

My guess is different spec nos as well as amps output and pigtail configures. You would have to know the Kohler PNs to know what they are rated in amps output but hingeing my bet on some of the fellas will know by sight. Gotta remember these motors were made for alot of different oems with their own stator output requirements. 

No I'm not a newbie but Im not sure of the

amperage on these two staters? 

Stepney
11 minutes ago, The Tool Crib said:

No I'm not a newbie but Im not sure of the

amperage on these two staters? 

The 10a had the 3 pin connector lined out flat and straight. The 15 has 2 inline and one offset. 

The Tuul Crib
16 minutes ago, Stepney said:

The 10a had the 3 pin connector lined out flat and straight. The 15 has 2 inline and one offset. 

Here is the two stators I'm talking about. 

What is the amperage difference or are 

they the same? 

B2DA2AFC-1C99-4B9A-AE25-C8B78B9BF818.jpeg

Lee1977

This one is a 15 amp. out of a C-120

.SAM-0260.jpg

• Thanks 1