Stepney

ST376 bearings

Stepney

Hello all, working at getting the cab and blower onto my '68 Electro 16. The single stage 1966 blower I have, ST 376, seems to roll smoothly and is in nice shape. But I want to replace the bearings before it surely eats itself. 

I'm aware of the 3/4" shaft on the PTO end of the chain drive, and how many of you fellow RS'ers are using a 7/8" bearing with a bushing to take up the slack. So I've got that figured. What I cant seem to cross are the bearings in the actual impeller. I cant read the number printed in my manual, it was smudged .. go figure haha. Would anyone happen to know what number bearing I'm looking for? 

Intend to do both chain idlers and a new chain while Im in there too. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Bob Maynard did a nice writeup aways back on doing the bushing thing. I have never had a real problem with finding the 3/4 eccentric bearings. 

TSC has the idler sprockets. 

Sounds like you are looking for the 5493 in this manual.

I have yet to have to replace those knock on wood.... 

Snowthrower 37in 1966-67 ST-376 OM IPL (1).pdf

• Like 1

gwest_ca

5493 nla @ Toro, Use 101480,

Napa 7-04141,

Stens 230-045,

Generic 1630-2RS

Garry

• Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Stepney
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Bob Maynard did a nice writeup aways back on doing the bushing thing. I have never had a real problem with finding the 3/4 eccentric bearings. 

TSC has the idler sprockets. 

Sounds like you are looking for the 5493 in this manual.

I have yet to have to replace those knock on wood.... 

Snowthrower 37in 1966-67 ST-376 OM IPL (1).pdf 1.56 MB · 1 download

You don't happen to know the part number for those 3/4" bearings by chance? I searched a bunch of posts but never found a clear answer. Sure wouldn't be opposed to just using the right size if I just knew the number. 

Bearings in this may well be fine, but my grandfather will be running the machine so I want to make sure it's all working well and won't fail. 

WHX??

Lemme look through my books & receipts Step... see if I can find a source and PNs  where I got them. I know I got a pair for the mid mount mule drive on a sickle bar resto which were the same and a later model short chute ...might have even been TSC??? CRS! Don't even remember if they were pre or relube's. Relubes would be preferable for a blower. 

Yah wanna make sure granddad has no issues! :)

• Like 1

Lee1977

You can do much better If you know the bearing number, parts number aren't worth much looking to get a fair price. Qwest posted a 1630 2RS bearing that a bearing number. A 1630 bearing is .750 ID, 1.6250 OD, and .500 wide the 2RS is two rubber seals. 

Edited by Lee1977

Jeff-C175

I know it's an old thread, but just in case someone is searching like I just was:

I pulled the bad bearings out of the auger on an old blower today...  mine were WAY over done!  Worse than 'toast'!

They say " NICE 3030 DC " on them which crosses to 1630 generic as Garry stated.

They are 0.75 ID 1.625 OD and 0.5 wide.

1630-2RS 1630-ZZ Radial Ball Bearing 3/4" Bore - theBigBearingStore.com

Toro wants $40 each for these... too much, too much.  Not sure the $3 ones are worth taking a chance on though!  PITA to get that auger in and out!  Want ONCE AND DONE!

Edited by Jeff-C175