Torrence20

Which one do I keep

Torrence20

Ok guru’s I currently have a 310-8 with the 10 hp magnum. All I use this for is pulling a wood wagon during the warm months and blowing snow during the colder months. I will soon possibly be getting a c165 in a package deal and I think it has a 16 hp if I’m not mistaken. Would there be any advantages in keeping the c165 over my 310. I don’t know much about the 165, my 310 has served me very well and I have never run out of horse power when using the proper gear. Open to thoughts and suggestions 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Is the C-165 a hydro or gear jammer?  Manual or hydro lift?

troutbum70

My input would be keep them both. Here are words to live by, ( one man can never ever have to many horses).

• Like 4

SPINJIM

Put your snow blower on the C165, and leave it on.   Save yourself the trouble of changing it every year.   Keep using the 310-8 for non-snow work.

If the C165 has a hydro lift, it would be great for a plow bade.

• Like 1

Torrence20

It’s  geared. And I’m unsure if the hydro lift I would be doubtful being it’s not a hydro but it’s possible. I would love to keep em both but I doubt I would be able to convince the wife I need them both..... my “ you can’t cook everything with only one pan” argument is starting to fade lol

• Haha 2

Torrence20

I’ve been reading trying to find if one has a fatal flaw over the other or bigger axle size or something along those lines to help make a decision if it comes down to that

Stormin

Keep them both. Tell SWMBO that you need an extra for back up, in case one goes lame . :thumbs:

• Like 3

12Horse Paladin
3 hours ago, Stormin said:

Keep them both. Tell SWMBO that you need an extra for back up, in case one goes lame . :thumbs:

This IS a valid argument.

I own 2 walk behind snow blowers for that very reason...

Yes, one is a WheelHorse, but that is neither here nor there, lol.

SylvanLakeWH

I vote for both. Just had that chat with my wife and she agreed. I’m a lucky man!

I also use one primarily to pull around nieces and nephews, which she loves because they love it...so maybe get a trailer or two and go that angle?...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wildman
8 hours ago, WHEELHORSEFAN*16 said:

Keep them both, youll be glad you did. 

We never have enough 

Achto

If you have the means and a place to store them, I vote for keep them both.

As far as weakness or strength differences between the two. I would say that there really aren't any.

953 nut

The day my wife and I picked up my first Wheel Horse the seller asked how many we owned. The wife asked, do people collect these things? Now a dozen or so later she has accepted the notion that there is nothing wrong with owning more than one.   :naughty:  Don't let it bother you, she will get over it, just be supportive and encouraging of her hobbies and all will be fine.

• Like 1

Torrence20

I don’t have the room to keep them both unless it’s kept outside wich I would rather re- home if it’s going to be stored indoors. So back to the question at hand... which one is better lol

The Tuul Crib
5 hours ago, 953 nut said:

The day my wife and I picked up my first Wheel Horse the seller asked how many we owned. The wife asked, do people collect these things? Now a dozen or so later she has accepted the notion that there is nothing wrong with owning more than one.   :naughty:  Don't let it bother you, she will get over it, just be supportive and encouraging of her hobbies and all will be fine.

:text-yeahthat:

troutbum70

Keep the one on the snow blower in doors ready for the weather, the other out doors under a tarp it will be fine. I think the 2 tractors are fairly equal, the 310 newer and 6  horsepower less. If I really had to chose it would probably to keep the 310, but they both great tractors. I would guess  the c-165 has a lot more hours on it so more wear on components.

• Like 1

clueless

So why are you thinking about getting the C165. What year if the 310, some of the early ones came with the smaller axle, but it will do everything the C165 will and it's newer.

Torrence20

It has a cab on it is why I want it and it comes with the blower and plow so I’ll be able to put the plow on what ever one I decide not to keep and easily sell the other

Lee1977

You need both, you don't want to have to remove the snow blower and cab to haul wood,  limbs and other trash from your yard.

• Like 2

c-series don

Sounds like you are going to need a shed. 

• Like 1

WildmanC120
On 11/11/2019 at 1:47 AM, Torrence20 said:

It’s  geared. And I’m unsure if the hydro lift I would be doubtful being it’s not a hydro but it’s possible. I would love to keep em both but I doubt I would be able to convince the wife I need them both..... my “ you can’t cook everything with only one pan” argument is starting to fade lol

You can't have 2 tractors??? Sounds like you should keep both and get a new wife! 

As long as responsibilities are taken care of, no one should be able to tell you you can't have what you want.  Buy 30 tractors if you want. You are only here once. Make yourself happy.

Trust me. I lived that way for 11 years.  Won't make that mistake again. 

• Like 2