Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

New member in Orange County NY

truckin88

Hey guys, I am a new member from NY. I have my father in laws father's C-120 8 speed w/ 42" deck, originally from the Hazelton, PA area, which is in perfect working shape (the sheet metal is all good, the paint shows it's age), this things is a beast. It sat for 5 years because my father in law has big kubotas and a farm. All we did is put fresh gas in it and jumped her she started right up. Since then it has all new tires with ag's in the back, new batt, new blades, new oil, new gear oil, new spark plug, new seat and has been serving my wife and I well. I picked up a fully intact 48" snow blade for $81.00 off ebay, and even used it already to flatten out top soil we got.

So this got me into the horses so much I bought another one. A 1993 244-H, and it is like new, the seat is not scuffed, the onan runs great, it has a 38" super recycler, brand new battery, it will be perfect for cutting around the pond. The guy was super nice who I got it from, I got extra keys, extra oil filters, manuals. best of all it was only $350. Since it is a horse of a different bread it will be my mower only (way better than big box stores), where the C120 is my beast for all seasons.

I would love to get a 300 or 400 series when one pops up at a good price with a 48" or bigger deck, right now I see a GT 1142 and a C140 calling me, but I am a newly wed, and am lucky she let me get away with the 2 I have.

both machines use Rotella 30.

Joined, because I am sure things will eventually break, and this place has been better than a manual the last 2 months for me.

-Will

bitten

Will:

Just wanted to say hi and :omg:

P.J.

Sparky

Hey Will-------- :omg:

Mike........

Rollerman

Will welcome to Red Square & the Wheel Horse addiction. :omg:

TJ

:omg:

WHC-125

Will, :drool: Glad to have you aboard :drool:

Where abouts in Orange County are you? I was up your way during last week, I went to Orange County Choppers new shop right in Newburgh :omg:

truckin88

I am about 10 minutes from OCC, I am in the Town of Newburgh, my wife and I just bought a house with 2 acres of open land and a pond so these machines will get some use.

Coadster32

:drool: Say hi to Paulie Sr. for me. :omg:

WHC-125

I am about 10 minutes from OCC, I am in the Town of Newburgh, my wife and I just bought a house with 2 acres of open land and a pond so these machines will get some use.

That must be great :omg: If I lived where you are their would be cops to try and get me away from their. :drool:

stevebo

Will,

Glad you found us. I am Steve with the 416-8 for sale that we talked about in Danbury. If you change your mind about the 416-8 give me a call. This is a great place and you will love it here.. SteveBo- :omg:

Bill

:omg:

truckin88

Will,

Glad you found us. I am Steve with the 416-8 for sale that we talked about in Danbury. If you change your mind about the 416-8 give me a call. This is a great place and you will love it here.. SteveBo- :omg:

Steve,

I wanted that 416 so so so bad, you knew what you were talking about....but it is worth what you are asking (wasn't going to low ball you)....and I didn't want my wife to kill me, I found the 244-H cherry for what I thought was cheap, so I picked it up. Plus I needed the smaller deck for around the pond.

FYI there is a C-140 and a GT1142 for cheap on hudsonvalley.craigslist.org someone please buy them, so my wife does not divorce me.

stevebo

Will,

She will learn to live with it. My wide says nothing anymore. I just tell her I have to go see a man about a horse and she knows..... :omg:

Suburban 550

:drool: Will. If your tractor came from Hazelton, Pa. it's only 15 miles away from me. I take it your father-in-law still lives there. Hope you enjoy the site. :omg:

truckin88

:drool: Will. If your tractor came from Hazelton, Pa. it's only 15 miles away from me. I take it your father-in-law still lives there. Hope you enjoy the site. :omg:

Yeah he does it was originally purchased as ringtown (I think is the name). There is also a place down there with a bunch of old wheel horses and parts, Zatolini's, he is cheap on some things high on others, but still a good sorce.

Newburgh has two long time WH/Toro dealers with tons of parts, the one has ever part imaginiable, so hopefully we will be able to keep these running for a logn time.

Duff

Will,

She will learn to live with it. My wife says nothing anymore. I just tell her I have to go see a man about a horse and she knows..... :drool:

Will, let me join the gang in saying :drool: ...and let me add, :( !

Stevebo's right - the wives (or at least most of 'em) eventually come around and accept our little addiction. I got real lucky in that department - my lovely bride has a four legged horse, and given the upkeep on one of those, she rarely questions my occasional forays for parts or used tractors!

Glad to have you among us!

Duff :omg:

Suburban 550

Will, I deal with both places, Ringtown Farm and Zanolinis. Small world isn't it? If you're ever in the area look me up.