Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Made a Sunday Haul Today!

HorseFixer

Remember the 1054 / 754 trade? Nope! something wasn't sitting right with me about that tractor.... :omg: It does have a 854 hood but he sent me some more pictures and I seen it was a 702! The good thing it does have the HY kit on there. and a decent square pan seat. So that will give me some parts for my 702. I made him throw in a RJ-59 Skeleton and a couple Ben Franklin's He also had an original news paper article On Cecil Pond, that I will hang in the stable, and while at it I took a couple Caucus Tecumseh engines off him for good measure One having the diode pack and starter that I need for one of my 551's. He has a stack of Ole decks and other stuff so I may go pick that stuff up to. Anyways Ive done better and worse. So Ole N Red Jerry wanna part with a 754? :drool:

702RJ-59001.jpg

702RJ-59002.jpg

702RJ-59012.jpg

702RJ-59013.jpg

702RJ-59011.jpg

702RJ-59010.jpg

702RJ-59015.jpg

702RJ-59005.jpg

702RJ-59006.jpg

702RJ-59019.jpg

702RJ-59020.jpg

KyBlue

Very Cool collectors Items... kinda a bummer on the other deal thou, Still looks like it came out alright!

Suburban 550

Not what you wanted Duke, but not a bad haul either. :drool: Why don't you package that square pan seat up and send it to Pennsylvania? With a little work it will look good on my 702. :omg:

bell

Nice haul Duke... Looks like the RJ is salvagable :omg:

TJ

The way you work, that tractor will be restored and running in time for Charlotte. :omg:

Butch

702RJ-59006.jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin about!! Custom racing headers. Hooker? Hedman? :omg:

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys, Butch yeah isn't that a doosey :omg: Looks more like something used in Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory! :drool: I couldn't afford that fancy stuff on my ride when I was cruisin I think an Ole thrush muffler was all I could handle! :drool:

Eriks Red horse herd

Hey Duke! Sure that RJ-59 Is'nt an early RJ-58 (well early but not that early). looking at you pictures the slot hitch is the early crude hitch. Not the the nice formed hitch that you find on most 58's and on the 400. Also the frame where it connects to the trans. between the angle iron there is'nt the little 3/4 wide flat steel piece welded between the two angles on the frame like the later 58's. Check your trans case on top for casting numbers. Bet it dos'nt have any which would make it an early but not real early RJ-58. Just check inquireing minds would like to Know. OH by the way nice Capture of some wild mustangs.

HorseFixer

Erick, :omg: now yer really throwing a twist in this whole thing!!! Interesting to say the least! So much for the thought that the 58's were never offered with fenders and toolbox..and 59's were? And I always have been told that a 59 has a small sector welded to the hood riser steel support with multiple sector notches? In The book S.F.T.H.M Mike states that the only difference between the 58 and 59 model is thast some models came with a multiple sector notches? My question is how many? As many as the suburban 400? Anyways You are correct that this tractor does not have casting numbers to the right of the shifter as you stated, but my other verified RJ-58 with original model and serial number tag does. This brings up more questions? Then this tractor must be a very early 58 anyways :drool: and thank you. By the way why is the hood riser support have that hoop looking thing the next to the sector? :drool:

linen beige

So much for the thought that the 58's were never offered with fenders and toolbox..and 59's were?

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1011

Check out Muka's post, next to last. The part number for the fender assembly, which includes the tool box, is FA-58 (Fender assembly '58). Listed for $10.50. This same part number is used for all models that used the 5003/5010 transmissions.

I'll have to go look in the daylight, but I think my RJ-58 has more than one notch in it's lift sector?

No idea why the hood stand has been bowed out.

Look! more of that yeller paint! :omg:

Eriks Red horse herd

Duke- I have a 58 thats a parts donor, that has a sector similar to yours that looks like some one added for more of a selection and by the way they welded it and added solid pieces of stock on the frame it looks like they need it for a snow plow. For varied height adustments. And the bow in the stand on yours looks like was add to clear something. So I would say that the PO rigged the sector and bow for some strange reason other than he knows. We might never knowwwww!

Eriks Red horse herd

Oh- Just thought of some thing may be the bow is for the horse reins. :drool: By the way the tires have no air and no motor I'd say the Amish owned that horse! I've seen some mighty crazy Amish fabrication. :omg:

HorseFixer

Duke- I have a 58 thats a parts donor, that has a sector similar to yours that looks like some one added for more of a selection and by the way they welded it and added solid pieces of stock on the frame it looks like they need it for a snow plow. For varied height adustments. And the bow in the stand on yours looks like was add to clear something. So I would say that the PO rigged the sector and bow for some strange reason other than he knows. We might never knowwwww!

Thanks Linen Jim!

Well anyways isnt that a pisser :drool: so much for all that jazz! So i guess other than a tractor with one of these,

RJDIFFERENCES006.jpg

And A Stamp Like This on the tranny its not a 59?

RJDIFFERENCES005.jpg

So anyways I would like to still know what the 59's Sector looked like, any pictures? :omg:

sorekiwi

Mine doesnt have a tag, but my sector arm looks like this:

IMG_1673-1.jpg

oldandred

Hay Duke nice hall even if the tires dont have air so what and the engine doesnt have a head heck just call old cat in the hat Im sure he will build you one.

now back to the 754s my wife said Im going to bury the horses with you O she dont know how many I have the 754s will be the last tractors I part with.

the last one is going to be a rough job its got more rust than the other three just about finnished with the painting a few little parts to finnish painting as always there will be some touch up.