Sign in to follow this  
JimD

c-85 serial no.

JimD

i have a c85 that i'm tearing down for a resto. il looked up the serial number on the toro site and it lists #01-k801 as being a 1980 c81. is this correct, or is it another toro mistake? the decals say c85, and it was owned by a man, then his grandson, who i know, so the decals are original to the tractor. or is it possible that the dealer applied the wrong decals? either way, i want it to be correct when it's done. thanks...

WHC-125

Its prolly a mistake on Toro because a C-81 has a different hood, fender, and dash so it wouldnt be different decals

C-Series14

01-08K801 is actually the ID/VIN number and yes, the Toro site has known to be wrong. Metal hood with black insert = 1980-1984 :omg:

JimD

thanks dhris and mike for your help. here is the complete set of numbers on the i.d. tag: 01-08k801-2572 ...then under that is this: 9201

maybe someone can tell more from the complete numbers, i tried the search here, didn't find anything, and toro only takes the first 8 digits... thanks

C-Series14

2572 is the serial number and the bottom number is the manufacture date...in julian form. 201 day of 1979. That doesn't make it a 1979 model but a 1980 model of course! Maybe someone else will know how they dated them, if Ed is at the show this year, maybe I will remember to ask him....I thought I heard like they do cars.