mmmmmdonuts

Modifying a Power Flow Bagger (JD) to Wheel Horse Deck

mmmmmdonuts

I was given a John Deere Power flow Bagger system for 48C mowers (OMM147525 K1) and I am hoping to adapt it to my 520H. I have the manual and instructions but had a few questions. I am assuming it is similar to wheel horse's version but any pictures would be helpful especially showing the hookup to the deck. The first thing I know I am going to need is a double pulley. The JD bagger uses the right pulley. What is the top pulley size or what is the one WH used? I am not sure what a good impeller speed would be but I want to match it as close as possible. Has anyone else done anything similar? Thanks.

Stepney

I ran a 316 moons ago with a 42" and a power catcher. It belonged to a friend, it's long gone now. We 'upped the performance' with some pulleys. Seems to me my original WH vac and my old JD vac have about a 4" V pulley. And both the decks had around a 3". 
We threw a 6" on the deck and over-drove the fan. Man would it pick up the acorns.. 

But as I recall, the driving pulley was just a little smaller then the driven. 

As a unit itself, they do look pretty similar, and I thing this could be done. Much easier to find JD bits over the old WH. 

• Like 1