Phil902

C-195 Project

Phil902

Thanks. I just ordered two. I’m thinking I would have realized the key needed to come out when the seal wouldn’t go over it 😠 lol. 

Regarding play, it has a tiny amount; I can hear it as well as feel it. New bearing needed?

• Sad 2

953 nut
25 minutes ago, Phil902 said:

New bearing needed?

May as well do it now rather than wish you had later on.

• Like 1

WHX??

Yah EB much as it pains me I gotta be nice to him for abit. He's gonna paint my 701 next weekend....:lol:

Crappola on the bearing Phil. What side? The good news is if it's on the left side one can drop the left side tranny half leaving the transmission in the frame. Passenger side not so. Works that way on a 520 anyway not sure about a Super C. 

The reason I brought the bearing thing up is a bad bearing is usually the cause of a leaky seal.

Happens most on a tractors driver side that is used for mowing duty due to left turning and keeping the deck tight to trees but that's a WHX blind outhouse guess tho. 

• Like 1

Phil902

Thanks . Learning which tasks are “might as well as long as you’re in the neighborhood “ vs. 

“Don’t touch that unless it falls off” are all uncharted waters for me… after simple engine issues, everything on these tractors are a new challenge. I do most of my own outboard motor 

repairs with the help of two good service manuals, and YouTube. 

• Like 3

Phil902
1 minute ago, WHX?? said:

Yah EB much as it pains me I gotta be nice to him for abit. He's gonna paint my 701 next weekend....:lol:

Crappola on the bearing Phil. What side? The good news is if it's on the left side one can drop the left side tranny half leaving the transmission in the frame. Passenger side not so. Works that way on a 520 anyway not sure about a Super C. 

The reason I brought the bearing thing up is a bad bearing is usually the cause of a leaky seal.

Happens most on a tractors driver side that is used for mowing duty due to left turning and keeping the deck tight to trees but that's a WHX blind outhouse guess tho. 

Phil902

WHX..?? Said:

“The good news is if it's on the left side one can drop the left side tranny half leaving the transmission in the frame. Passenger side not so. Works that way on a 520 anyway not sure about a Super C.”

Weeellllll……. Of course it’s on the passenger side….. why wouldn’t it be? 🤯

• Sad 2

WHX??
28 minutes ago, Phil902 said:

Weeellllll……. Of course it’s on the passenger side….. why wouldn’t it be? 🤯

Double crapola then.

Lowell will have the bearing too then and possibly the gasket. Give him a jingle.

I have a manual on the procedure will hunt it down for you. Not 100% sure but you might be able pull the differential to replace the bearing without dropping the tranny. Been awhile since I did one. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1

953 nut
32 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

good news is if it's on the left side one can drop the left side tranny half leaving the transmission in the frame.

I've heard that!   :scared-eek:  It can be hard enough to open one and pull it apart on the bench, I have never attemted to open one on the tractor.

• Like 1

WHX??

If I recollect right 'nut it was the most work stripping down the tractor to get at everything. Meaning yah getting the hub off. :angry-banghead: The brake, filter and all that stuff has to come off. 

• Sad 1

Phil902

26 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Double crapola then.

Lowell will have the bearing too then and possibly the gasket. Give him a jingle.

I have a manual on the procedure will hunt it down for you. Not 100% sure but you might be able pull the differential to replace the bearing without dropping the tranny. Been awhile since I did one. 

Thank you. That’s very generous of you and would be extremely helpful.

26 minutes ago, WHX?? said:
  • Like 1