Al C.

SURVEY: Size of the herd ...

SURVEY: Size of the herd ...  

72 members have voted

1. 1. In the past ten years, the number of Wheel Horses I own has ...

• Decreased by more than two
    • Decreased by two
    • Decreased by one
    • Stayed the same
    • Increased by one
    • Increased by two
    • Increased by three
    • Increased by four
    • Increased by five or more

Achto
20 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

we would be building you a shed for more! :)

As much as I hate paying rent for anything, I'm thinkin' that I will have to rent a storage unit for this winter. Other wise I will have no room to do a resto this year. 

:confusion-confused:Let's see I joined in 2015 with a total of one lonely :wh:. Right now I'm at an even dozen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

JPWH

I joined in 2015 with one and now have 4 + 1 in parts. I need 5 more 854's. One 854 for each grandchild.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JPWH said:

One 854 for each grandchild.

It's good to have goals Jay

• Like 1

chip61

I had just bought my first WH, a 314-8 when I joined 6 years ago. I currently have 8-a couple I got as parts machines then once I got them decided they were too nice to part out and got them running. They are scattered out between my house, my place in Mathews my mom's house and the 310-8 my friend borrowed over a year ago and I haven't seen it since! I have a couple I should get rid of, but just haven't taken the time to do it.

WHX??
2 hours ago, Achto said:

I'm at an even dozen

A bakers dozen is an even 13 so room for one more! :D 

• Haha 5

ClassicTractorProfessor

My Wheel Horse journey started back in March 2016 when I was given my 1277, shortly after I stumbled across RedSquare while looking for parts and realized the following these little machines have. I am currently up to 6, though only the C125 and the 753 are runners at this time. And always looking for more

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Retired Wrencher
22 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I guess if we're going to be listing the ones that don't run, I have two projects in the works. One for me and one for Trina.

Colossus for me and an 856 for her. That will make 3 each by next spring.

We also have at least two others in the parts pile that are complete and enough stuff in the parts pile to build a couple more.

We did put up a portable garage this past spring with the help of @JCM Jim and Trina's mom and that is our separate covered storage for the tractors and a couple other things.

It is good to have parts Eric.

ebinmaine
26 minutes ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

It is good to have parts Eric.

I agree.

Although I have to admit I got to wondering a few weeks ago if maybe I had a little too much stuff.

Ridiculous thought, I know.

I was looking around for parts to build Colossus and I realized I had five frames to choose from.

Five.

that's okay for now I guess because we have a couple more projects to do this winter

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
23 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I agree.

Although I have to admit I got to wondering a few weeks ago if maybe I had a little too much stuff.

Ridiculous thought, I know.

I was looking around for parts to build Colossus and I realized I had five frames to choose from.

Five.

that's okay for now I guess because we have a couple more projects to do this winter

So what is your plane for tractors in the end 4 7 9 ? Working or show?

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

So what is your plane for tractors ..... ? Working or show?

Hahahaha

I asked Trina. Are we ever going to have a tractor that is SHOW ONLY?

She says... Never!

:banana-wrench:

• Like 4

Stormin
On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, neil said:

I recently bought a few more to go with my 14 strong collection , luckily I can sneak these ones past her indoors without having to buys bunches of flowers to say sorry about my addiction 

00AFEA85-C7B9-4F14-BE0B-6AF0084C8B93.jpeg

By 'eck!, Neil. :o Where do you get them from? Wouldn't mind one mesel'.

• Like 1

953 nut

The size of my herd has gone from two to twelve in the past decade, but that isn't the most important part. The number of friendships I've made and the knowledge we have shared through Red Square is what is most meaningful to me.    :romance-grouphug:

• Excellent 5
  • Heart 2

WHX??

Amen  on the friendships made Richard! 

20190907_211341.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ZXT

My WH collection has gone from 0 to 3 in the last 5 years. My grandfather gave me a GT-14 that he was given. He's a CC guy and didn't plan on messing with it. 

My overall collection has gone from 0 to 7 in probably the last 15 years. I started out with a "Rugg" mower that I rescued from a little scrap yard that my dad and I enjoyed wandering through. Then came a series of junk mowers (which I don't count), then a CC 1650, my GT-14, a C120, a Bantam, a Sears GT 19.9, and finally a C160... and I still want more!