jellyghost

Comment on this Trade posposal

jellyghost

I have a 416 Allis chalmers with deck snowplow and tiller.  It's listed for $600 or $400 without the tiller. 

A local gentleman has a wheel horse tiller.  The tiller comes with a bracket and all the parts except the kit that raises and lower the tiller.  He would take $300 or the 16hp engine out of the AC. 

Where do I get the kit?  Should I even consider this?

• Confused 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, jellyghost said:

Should I even consider this?

IMHO. No.

That would leave you with a chassis that has no engine. Much more difficult to sell. At least around here.

• Like 3

953 nut

As it stands right now you can mow, push snow and till the garden.  :twocents-02cents:    Presuming you have storage room and aren't in need of quick cash I see no advantage in disabling a running machine that can do all that to receive an incomplete tiller.

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

If you want / need the tiller buy it for a fair negotiated price. Leave tractor intact and use it until you sell it...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2

Darb1964

To me that 16 is worth a lot more than the tiller, in a complete running useable tractor even more. I'm a WH man all the way, but that A.C. Is a strong tractor parting it out would be a shame.

• Like 2

ZXT

I couldn't bring myself to tear apart a running tractor with implements, especially if it's nice. That Allis certainly isn't a bad tractor either. 

I bought my tiller for $50. They're out there. I'm not saying you'll find one for that cheap, but negotiate with the guy.. Either that or see if you can come up with another K341 to trade him. 

Goldnboy

Depends on your market and area too I have taken a completely good running Ford LGT 14HP engine because in my area Fords are a very odd duck.

jellyghost

This all makes sense.  I will not do it.

Why do you think I am having such hard luck trying to sell this package for $600?  It seems like a deal to me!

• Heart 1

Darb1964

Average person has no clue of the quality, most people don't even know A.C. If it was green and yellow,gone, craftsmen same thing. Marketing sells.

AMC RULES

Where are you listing it?

• Like 1

Goldnboy
9 hours ago, Darb1964 said:

Average person has no clue of the quality, most people don't even know A.C. If it was green and yellow,gone, craftsmen same thing. Marketing sells.

I think what your saying is that since Allis Chalmers was sold to Deutz Allis and Fiat in 1985 thay are lost in value to most  buyer6 that are under their 40's. 

It Probably doesn't help that this is a true Allis mower not a rebranded simplicity mower.

Darb1964

People like us horseman can see quality when they see it, many people buy advertisement.chichi advertisement like made to Sears specs, runs like a deer. Name recognition A,C. In my area not well known.

WHNJ701
11 hours ago, Darb1964 said:

most people don't want older equipment anymore, most mower shops don't want to repair it either.  unfortunately to sell it cut your price in half or part it out

• Sad 1

Darb1964

The part out solution, that is where the most money will be gained. Too bad but realty.

Lee1977

I would try the Simplicity, Alice Chambers board to list it.  Try some there  they know what you have.

CCox

Tillers around me go from $140 to $400.  

I have some rock shaft kits for lifting but don't have the tube's for Hydro tractors.  The belt was $26.18 on amazon.  You can also get a mid-mount shaft from a few places.  That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one without the various parts to make it work.  

I'd keep looking especially with winter approaching.