Sign in to follow this  
Olratlr

Engine Mount

Olratlr

Will somebody help this old man out please? :drool:

When I had to re power a Raider Nine a few years back the Tecumseh motor with the engine plate

set about 1/2'' to tall so I made a bracket for the front of the hood to raise it up a little

but where the hood latches it was a a crack on the sides where it didn't meet the dash panel.

Can I lower the engine mount where it will sit level are will that change my belt length?

Sorry about long post. :omg:

Kelly

Well, you need to tell us what you repowered it with? and a picture or two might help solve your problem so we can see what your working with. there is alot of fine minds here and can solve lots of problems.

Olratlr

As stated above a Tecumseh it's a OH 140. Sorry no pictures

TT

You actually didn't previously mention what engine you used on the repower but I suspected an OHV when you mentioned hood clearance problems. :drool:

The bottom end dimensions of the OHV engine are the same as the original HH-100 so you will need to use the correct riser (adapter) plate. The riser plate makes the frame to crankshaft centerline measurement the same as the big block Kohler which is what the belt guard and guides are designed to work with.

As far as dropping the Tecumseh height.... you could probably do it - but you'll need to modify the belt guard, etc. It might be easier to find another hood and clearance it for the rocker box on the engine. :omg:

The ironic part of it is that WH used an OH-160 on a C-160 8 speed (1-0385) in 1974 but due to the sheetmetal change (and possibly a different rocker cover/breather) it fit without using any special parts. (hood bulge, spacers, etc.)

Olratlr

You actually didn't previously mention what engine you used on the repower but I suspected an OHV when you mentioned hood clearance problems. :drool:

The bottom end dimensions of the OHV engine are the same as the original HH-100 so you will need to use the correct riser (adapter) plate. The riser plate makes the frame to crankshaft centerline measurement the same as the big block Kohler which is what the belt guard and guides are designed to work with.

As far as dropping the Tecumseh height.... you could probably do it - but you'll need to modify the belt guard, etc. It might be easier to find another hood and clearance it for the rocker box on the engine. :omg:

The ironic part of it is that WH used an OH-160 on a C-160 8 speed (1-0385) in 1974 but due to the sheetmetal change (and possibly a different rocker cover/breather) it fit without using any special parts. (hood bulge, spacers, etc.)

:drool: Terry