Lagersolut

Freshen up this 416-8 I picked up

rjg854

maybe some type of plaque with his name on it? 

name the tractor after your dad?

and of course, sorry for your loss

• Like 1

RJ Hamner

You could get Terry to make a decal/transfer to go on the panel that covers the drive belt with his name or whatever. 

Just a thought. You're mileage may vary

• Like 1

kdeatrick

I restored the 1983 GT1142 I rode from 1983 on up for a long while at Dad's house. I wanted something for it and saw one of these at the Big Show and liked it.

It is a plastic magnetic sign, I bought it from at TheBadgefactory.com, they are near the Big Show.

large.20180703_181421.jpg.3106309c775c7d1284b87e2e7edfb566.jpglarge.20180622_164432.jpg.2d42b0fb4213174ebd0cf6a1b34c3983.jpg

Edited by kdeatrick
  • Like 2

Lagersolut

Thanks for all the great ideas -  haven't had much time to work on this tractor but I did get the new head gasket on . Got the engine running and it shut off, turned the key nothing not even the starter. .....ended up chasing wires with the multi meter . Found the problem at the 15 and 5 amp fuse holders and inline connectors - 35 years of dirt and corrosion - was already planning on replacing,  had new holders  ....wasn't expecting it to throw me into a wire chasing party  . ....went with these sealed holders and shrink tube sealed connectors few other connections upgraded . Also new points , plug , condenser plug wire cleaned carb on the engine . Ran like a champ after wiring work .

Capture212.PNG

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Lagersolut

My LED flashlight grew legs and walked away again . Bet if I buy another one it will come back ....they always do ....lol

Nice tractor @kdeatrick

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 1

Lagersolut

Finally got the steering shaft back where in belongs, dash reinforced and a flange bearing installed so the top of the dash/hood stand isn't taking all the stress. I was originally going to weld and reinforce the crack but in the end it would have burned the dash decals and just made more work . Used a piece of 2" x 1/8 " flat steel to reinforce the dash and new bushing. Previous owner of this tractor was using the steering wheel and PTO lever to get on and off , bottom of dash where steering shaft comes through was cracked all the way through and mushrooming. Drive belt was IMHO the original from new, I could flake the material off the cords like an ear of corn . New nylon bushings in the PTO lever everything is back to tight and right .

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3108.JPG

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Nice job and thanks for the pics. I intend to do a similar reinforcement to my 416-8 when I rebuild it over the winter.  What bearing did you use for that and where did you source it? 

Lagersolut
27 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

Nice job and thanks for the pics. I intend to do a similar reinforcement to my 416-8 when I rebuild it over the winter.  What bearing did you use for that and where did you source it? 

Toro part # 6472 - picked it up on the bay - I checked 1 more left available yet  and it’s NOS and discontinued ... if I remember right . ... 

Lagersolut

Flange bearingToro  / 6472 

peter lena

steering flange bearing,https://www.vxb.com/3-4-UCFL204-12-2-Bolts-Flanged-Housing-Mounted-p/Kit7334.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQjw84XtBRDWARIsAAU1aM2to4lRIIwz9xeBYEpk66PwxVCTOSxKFi19BR6g52eYEoFfm-6onZYaAgsVEALw_wcB  , this the type of bearing you want, not the same shell type of mount that was there. there are also side bolt mounts to the lower dash that you can bolt an angle steel to ,as the basis for the flange bearing. instead of being one of the weakest support points , you can make it , one of the strongest. jmoo , pete 

• Excellent 1