Chris Ramey

Bad Ignition Switch?

Chris Ramey

Hi Folks-

Well, jumped on the Horse to mow this evening... Fired RIGHT up. Mowed about 3 passes. Saw a gal walking her puppy down the sidewalk, so I idled the tractor down...

She passed by, I idled back up, put on the PTO, I mowed about one more stripe and the Horse started to sputter. Then it died.

I checked the fuel level first... 3/4 full from last week.

No nothing when I hit the key... NOTHING.

I went and grabbed the multimeter, it says 12.9 volts unloaded.

It's so darl now, I'll wait 'till the morning, but what's the next obvious thing to check?

Thanks, Fellas-

Chris 

troutbum70

You did not maybe leave the pto engaged and that's why you have nothing at the switch now. If you did disengage pto then take jumper strait from battery to starter and see if it kicks off. If so start tracing wires from ignition to all safety switch's and so on. Also could be bad coil breaking down with heat or fuel not making it to combustion chamber.

rjg854

:WRS: Chris

953 nut
9 hours ago, Chris Ramey said:

put on the PTO, I mowed about one more stripe and the Horse started to sputter. Then it died.

I checked the fuel level first... 3/4 full from last week.

No nothing when I hit the key... NOTHING.

:WRS:

Could be a combination of things, If the vent in your fuel cap is plugged it will prevent the fuel pump from delivering fuel.

When attempting to restart the "no cranking" could be the PTO is on or the clutch peddle was not down all the way. Also it is likely that there could be a wire or two with corroded connections that need to be tightened.

1472348631_1electrical.jpg.5dad27d81cd796d564ddd52b0bb17315.jpg

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

:wwp: