giantsean

Thinking of thinning the herd...

giantsean
Hey all,

So over the course of a couple years I've acquired a couple of D200's to help me put in a lawn.  One is all original and came w/ plow, tiller, and deck (all of which I don't really need).  The other is heavily modified w/ Cub power steering and repowered w/ a Harbor Freight Predator driving the stock hydro via a custom coupler.  This one came with an Ark 550 loader which got busted up (cracked and later broke) after rolling down a hill - no I wasn't on it lol.  Original idea for buying it was to use the loader on the original D, but it ended up being a good fit w/ the power steering.  Two months ago was plowing dirt w/ it and the coupler stopped transmitting power.  Have not dug into that problem yet, but the recent addition of a C-101 has me thinking that it might be time to lighten up by one tractor.

I have been debating which D to sell but I think it's probably clear that the original would be the one to keep just for it's originality... not to mention all these problems with the modified D - plus the fact that it's not the safest as built and is constantly trying to kill me :P.  The original has its own problems though, runs kinda hot since the original governor grenaded two years back - since replaced, but never quite got the timing right.  It's otherwise in good shape though and I think I can work out the problems given time.  And at least it moves.

So question now is whether to sell as is (w/ broken coupler), strip for major parts like the almost new Predator, and original hydro and tranny, or just keep the engine and sell it as a roller, but not sure how many people want to repower a D200 (it's not that easy).  Same w/ the loader... I can try to repair it OR sell it as is (broken arm) or just sell it for parts.  Not sure what the value of any of this stuff is for any of these options, so kinda just looking for the best bang for buck w/o having to put much time and NO further money into these things.

Sorry for the long post... too many options and I think I secretly want to keep them both but enough is enough.  Oh yeah I don't have a farm, just a half acre yard... so I technically don't really need ANY D-200's lol.  Thanks for the listen and if anyone has any suggestions or "if it were me's" then I'm all ears!

Thx!

pfrederi

I would sell the predator and then see if someone like AtoZ would be interested in the remains and parts of the loader.  parting something out yourself is a time consuming PIA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

giantsean
2 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

I would sell the predator and then see if someone like AtoZ would be interested in the remains and parts of the loader.  parting something out yourself is a time consuming PIA. 

Luckily I have experience stripping down a D (a 3rd parts rig).  Definitely a PITA by virtue of the hydraulics but not as bad as taking apart a car lol.  The hard part is finding the time and inclination to post ads to sell the pieces :P  

pacer
2 hours ago, giantsean said:

hard part is finding the time and inclination to post ads to sell the pieces

This is sooo true!! I have a pretty good handful of parts myself and have shipped 2-3 items and it is REALLY a pain, and that was only wordofmouth, not fooling with ads.

Keep the goodun and ----- well, I dont know what to do with the other.................

WildmanC120

Got pics of the cub hydro steering setup?  Would be interested to see this.

giantsean
5 hours ago, pacer said:

This is sooo true!! I have a pretty good handful of parts myself and have shipped 2-3 items and it is REALLY a pain, and that was only wordofmouth, not fooling with ads.

Keep the goodun and ----- well, I dont know what to do with the other.................

It's sad because for what I paid for the whole thing, I figured it was worth it for the loader alone... and it was, before I destroyed it :P

• Sad 1

giantsean
2 hours ago, WildmanC120 said:

Got pics of the cub hydro steering setup?  Would be interested to see this.

It's buried in the shed at the moment but I think I may have some older pics from other posts.  I actually bought this from another member from Wisconsin.  Four days of driving and one Uhaul, and a year later I drove it off a hillside :(

WVHillbilly520H

I know where this sets awaiting rescue ...

client_PART_1538055810331_IMAG3249.jpg

Screenshot_2019-09-16-19-45-07.png

giantsean
Just now, WVHillbilly520H said:

I know where this sets awaiting rescue ...

client_PART_1538055810331_IMAG3249.jpg

Screenshot_2019-09-16-19-45-07.png

Yeah you tried to sell it to me last time when I originally posted about the broken loader :P   My problem is not so much needing to replace a broken loader vs. trying to decide if it's worth fixing in the first place.  But hey if you need extra parts, I'm your man lol.

WVHillbilly520H
Just now, giantsean said:

Yeah you tried to sell it to me last time when I originally posted about the broken loader :P   My problem is not so much needing to replace a broken loader vs. trying to decide if it's worth fixing in the first place.  But hey if you need extra parts, I'm your man lol.

Its not mine but I drive by it at least once a month...  

giantsean
1 minute ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

It's a shame that it's sitting out there like that.  Looks like it's in decent shape overall (or at least not cracked in half like mine :P)

elcamino/wheelhorse
17 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

I can't believe it is still sitting . It will rust right down to the ground. :(

WVHillbilly520H

Yeah I don't know one would think with the loader snow thrower blade and deck it would have been gone long ago... 

giantsean
5 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Yeah I don't know one would think with the loader snow thrower blade and deck it would have been gone long ago... 

What were they asking for it all again?