TractorDude

C-105 stalls?

TractorDude

Can anyone suggest a cause? If I try to move the lever to engage the PTO for the mowing deck, my Horse stalls. Is there an interlock somewhere that might cause this, or could it be a short somewhere in the wiring? Something is cutting out the ignition. I know this for sure because I am running an electric fuel pump which works great but power to that pump is cut if I move the PTO lever. 

Ed Kennell

Check your seat switch.

• Like 1

troutbum70

I would guess first it is the safety switch behind the dash at the pto lever or as Ed stated the seat safety switch. Most likely the safety switch at the pto lever.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum

These detailed diagrams should help

Garry

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I love my C 105! In process of building another one...Love the Black Hoods!

As noted above, safety switches are the likely culprit.

:wwp:

953 nut
8 hours ago, TractorDude said:

I am running an electric fuel pump which works great but power to that pump is cut if I move the PTO lever.

:WRS:

I presume the electric fuel pump is being powered from the ignition wire to the coil so if the coil has no power the pump also has a power loss.

In the electrical diagram Garry furnished you will see that the power for the coil goes from the ignition switch to the seat switch then on to half of the PTO switch (in parallel) and finally to the coil. If there is weight on the seat (and the switch is working properly) the ignition will continue to receive power with the PTO in either position. 

Take a look at the wires going to the seat switch, chances are one or both have come off the connector or been cut,

TractorDude

Many thanks to those who responded.  I found out it was the seat switch, one terminal had disconnected. Hooked everything up and it works great now!!  👍

• Excellent 4

Ed Kennell

Excellent …..