Anvil

Accessories from a 417-8 to a 520H surprises

Anvil

Hello all, I have over the years graduated from a 312-8 to a 417-8, now to a '91 520H with forward swept axle. I will be using a snow blower, plow, and a rototiller from the lesser models on the 520 and am reading that I will need additional hardware to make them fit. I have not tried to attach them yet but don't want any surprises when the snow flies. The plow is a 0648BC01, tiller is a 87-36TL01, and the snow blower is missing the tag but worked well on the 312 and 417. Any insight/experience/guidance in this upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your interesting and informative topics posted.

Anvil

cleat

The only issue should be the snow plow which will require the kit to lengthen the frame around 4" to clear the front tires.

Snow blower is not an issue.

For the rototiller, you will need to move the rear lift from your old machines to the 520.

The 520 should already have the tube for the lift cable to pass through but if not you will need that. Also, the clevis that attaches the cable to the rock shaft is a different length on the hydro VS 8 speed.

You can get any parts you need here. https://www.wheelhorseman1000.com/

Cleat

• Excellent 1

Anvil

Thank you Cleat. I saw the plow kit for $199.00.....gasp! doesn't look too involved to make. Good used would be nice but hens teeth I'm sure.

Thanks again.

cleat

They pop up on ebay from time to time but usually for a similar price.

Just make sure you get all the pieces.

WVHillbilly520H

The tube for the lift cable is also different from a manual to hydro trans as well.

Anvil

Thank you gentlemen. Would you know if the cable itself is the same for the manual and hydro?