Larry B

Air filter for 312-8

Larry B

Hi All,

I recently picked up a 312-8 Model # 2112K806 with a Kohler M12S-471527 on it. My issue is the person some how lost the air filter and the air filter cover which is discontinued, the part number I found is 4709610-S. I'm looking for help finding one to replace it, also could use the air filter part # so I can look for one of them also, I've had no luck finding that part #.

Thanks,

Larry

ZXT
6 minutes ago, Larry B said:

Hi All,

I recently picked up a 312-8 Model # 2112K806 with a Kohler M12S-471527 on it. My issue is the person some how lost the air filter and the air filter cover which is discontinued, the part number I found is 4709610-S. I'm looking for help finding one to replace it, also could use the air filter part # so I can look for one of them also, I've had no luck finding that part #.

Thanks,

Larry

Welcome to the best forum on the internet! Someone will be along shortly who knows the part # off hand and likely someone who has the cover you need. Being in PA, you are surrounded by tons of people with WH's. 

Any pictures of your machine? We like pictures!

• Like 1

Larry B

No pictures yet ZXT, I will get some soon.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Larry B said:

No pictures yet ZXT, I will get some soon.

:WRS:

It's important to remember that most of us are basically about 5 years old so we all really love pictures.

:D

Please do feel free to throw an ad in the wanted section for your air filter housing assembly.

Many of us keep parts piles and or many salvage yards of our own.

If that doesn't work out you can check with one of our vendors. A to Z tractor. He should have 1.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Larry B

Thanks for the welcome ebinmaine. I will get some pictures up soon. I will post an ad and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

https://www.partstree.com/models/m12-471527-kohler-magnum-engine-made-for-wheel-horse-12hp-9kw/air-intake-03050015102-11/

Item 6 is the filter 45 883 02-S1 and looks like it comes with the prefilter if ordered from Kohler

6" OD x 4-5/8" ID x 3" HT

Kohler 4508302, 4508302-S, 4508302-S1 with pre-filter replaced by 4588302-S1

Onan 1401216

Toro/Wheel Horse KH10236

Toro/Wheel Horse pre-filter KH10235

Napa 7-02226

Stens 100-065, 055-017

Stens with pre-filter 055-421

Stens pre-filter 100-768

Wix 42299

Garry

• Like 1

Larry B

Hi Garry,

Thanks for the info. My carb style is actually the top diagram, #22 would be my filter. 

clueless

When you say air filter cover, on the Magnum the air filter cover is pretty much the same as the earlier kohler engines. On the mags there is a plastic cover that covers the air filter cover, are you looking for both?

• Like 1

Larry B

I will have to take your word on what the complete cover looks like, I dont have anything to go by so far. I would assume that I will need it all.

Larry B

This is what I'm working with.

20190908_182428.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Your spec number uses all the parts with orange circles around the item numbers.

You are missing one #8 screw also.

Garry

• Like 1

Larry B

Garry,

Would it be the set with the big plastic cover, 3rd set down on the diagram down?

gwest_ca

I would say so. That is what is on mine.

Garry

• Like 1

Larry B

Thanks for the info Garry.

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti: The 312-8 is a great all around tractor, it can do it all.  I restored one for my son a few years ago.   

Give that horse a good bath top to bottom and maintenance service.

A few tips:

When you drain the transmission oil lift/jack up the front of the tractor several inches so the oil drains over the hump in the bottom off the transmission.  If the old oil is nasty brown or milky grey (water) you might fill the tranny with diesel, drive it around a little shifting through each gear, that drain & refill with 90w gear lube. 

while the front of the tractor is lifted up and the weight is off the front axle, grease the center pivit pin and other front end grease fittings. 

PS...Your teasing us with just that engine shot.

• Like 3

Larry B

Thanks for the welcome and advice oliver2-44.

953 nut

One of our members has a used :wh: parts business. email you picture to @A-Z Tractor and tell Lincoln what you need and he will fix you up.

https://a-ztractor.com/

• Like 2

Larry B

Thanks for the welcome 953 nut. I will get in touch with them. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

clueless
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

One of our members has a used :wh: parts business. email you picture to @A-Z Tractor and tell Lincoln what you need and he will fix you up.

https://a-ztractor.com/

:text-yeahthat:Give Lincoln, a call he'll fix you up great guy.

• Like 3

Larry B

Thanks to everyone for the help. I contacted a-ztractor.com and got my air filter assembly ordered. I will post pictures once its installed. 

• Like 2