Sign in to follow this  
Pcoz88

B-60 engine swap

Pcoz88

Does any body know of a engine thats a diect swap or not?i found a 16 hp but its bolt hole pattern is 6 1/4" 10 1/2" the other way.The b-60 is 5 1/4" by 10 1/4.the frame on the tractor measures 6 3/4" from right to left.Any and all help would be appericated.Yes i do have this b- 60 for sale but would keep it if a swap was possible and not alot of trouble.Thanks.

wh500special

Pete,

Check your PM's shortly...

Other than having a tiny 7 horspower engine, there is really nothing special that differentiates the B60 from the largest C-series of the day; the C160. You should be able to drop almost any Kohler K-series single in there and have room to spare.

But - and I may be alone in thinking this - I think the B60 is kind of a special tractor and even though they're not really rare you don't see that many of them out there compared to their bigger brethren. Unless you *must* have more power or need the luxury of electric start I'd be inclined to leave it as is.

Steve

WHC-125

If I were you I would keep it and use it for light duty work and get a bigger Wheel horse for heavy duty work :omg:

Kelly

Someone correct me if wrong, but I think I remember a posting about the B-60 and B-80 and B-100 being 2 inch. shorter in the frame,I'm sure my B-100 auto has a shorter hood, but it does have a 10hp kohler in it.

TT

That's only the '74/'75 models, Kelly. Once they hit 1976 and became 8 speeds they "grew" to be long frame models too. :omg:

Kelly

Ya I just figued that out I measured the hoods on my B-60 and both B-80's and the B-100 some are long some are short.