The Tuul Crib

What? You call this a carb kit!

The Tuul Crib

I ordered this carb kit off of fleabay and it arrived today. I was so happy to see it here and get the carb back together . Now the kit for some reason came with a spark plug.

Maybe the price of it should've said something to me but I looked where it was coming from some in California. When I got it to my workbench and opened it up it had i noticed there was some kind of sticker with chinese writing on it.  The spark plug that it came with was a total  JOKE! 

It was so small that it probably would've fell in the hole on top of the piston. It said it was supposed to fit a K1 81 . Nope! 

The other thing  that was a real big problem is the needle valve did not fit  into the Seat! What a POS!  I have contacted the seller they said they will make it right !

51F62D44-28A6-4B7F-AC20-5B0B1B93AA2D.jpeg

• Sad 5

JimmyJam

Chinese stuff just doesn't work. I would probably not use the carb kit either. Made the same mistake> Sorry! 

Ed Kennell

Hopefully that cheap Chinese junk will soon be a bad memory.

• Heart 1

roadapples

Genuine Kohler kits are only about $12 on eBay.

I buy aftermarket on some things but not on a $12 item...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Ya live ya learn Cribs... been ther done that. Ordered a bunch of Kohler carb kits off fleabay once and Tom @Shynon even warned me. Needles didn't fit right  but bowl gaskets were ok so I guess I got what I paid for.... just sayin....be careful about what you pull the trigger on on fleabay the jungle site or elsewhere for that matter. Best bet is ask our bros here first ... just sayin...:)

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

squonk

I drive to my OPE dealer and to get them. cheap enough. I get 2 and hang one in the cabinet. When that gets used I get 2 more.

• Like 1

WHNJ701

once you rebuild enough carbs you will realize that the oem is the way to go.

as I said in another post look for old "real"rebuildable carbs to keep on hand instead of using the cheap junk from asia

• Like 2

richmondred01

When they write you back I bet they start the correspondence with “Dear Friend”.

Edited by richmondred01