No longer lost

Hello from Wisconsin!

No longer lost

Hello everyone. A few years ago, when my wife’s grandfather could no longer use his 268H, we purchased it from him. I have been happily cutting our lawn with it for about 4 years. Recently, I have had the itch to add a snowblower to it, so I came here to learn more about Wheel Horses. 

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

You are in the right place!!!

ebinmaine
14 minutes ago, No longer lost said:

I came here to learn more about Wheel Horses

You found the right place!!

:WRS:

Pullstart

Razorback

Welcome!!

Sparky

:WRS:

Sounds like you now know what model number you need to find the correct snow-chucker. 

Good luck in your search! 

WHX??

Hello Lost and :WRS:  we can always use another cheese head to the fold here! 

Where abouts are you in central WI, bunch of us boys are in mid central.  

Sad news is for that  particular tractor is a snow chucker was not real popular  due to it being a vertical so your chances are pretty slim. A 200 series was somewhat committed by the makers as a strictly mower only, not really a multi purpose GT.....  but you never know. There were other attachments abit somewhat being limited for those tractors. If all else fails we can get you hooked on other models that are! :)

• Like 1

Achto

@No longer lost :text-welcomeconfetti: TO :rs:!!! Fellow Cheese Head.

• Excellent 1

rjg854

:WRS:  I'm sure we can set  you in the right direction for what you're looking for.

AMC RULES

274622901_RS-WelcomeWagon.jpg.e5d5ebd780834c70a8d26c22b90a1fb7.jpg

PeacemakerJack

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us and hopefully you won’t find yourself lost anymore (at least concerning :wh: tractors and implements).  Lots of great information and guys here.  I’m also interested in your approximate location because there is a group of us that get together on a fairly regular basis.  I agree with WHX24 with the snow removal attachment.  It may be a good idea to hunt for a garden tractor with snowblower or blade.  The heavier drivetrains found in GT’s are more suited to heavy use especially over extended periods of time.  

Have fun searching the site and don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have concerning your horse or those you see here...

• Like 1

No longer lost

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Glad to see other 'sconnies here. I live in the Appleton area. 

I know the 79263 snowthrower is the right model for the 268H. I found a guy in IL who has one and will deliver for a good price. I need a few more photos from him, but it looks all there. One question I do have though is, what do you think is going on with the front of my tractor. Is that a home-made bumper of sorts? I'm guessing I need to replace that with an Attach-a-matic reciver, correct?

2019-09-02 11.23.32 HDR.jpg

2019-09-02 11.23.39.jpg

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

I'd agree that there's something home made going there but I'm not sure what needs to be changed.

A word of unsolicited advice and caution.

Your Lawn tractor has more than enough power to run a snowblower but is physically lighter than some of the larger Garden tractors.

Weight and traction are HUGE concerns for winter work.

If you're going to purchase a snowblower AND pay for it be delivered it may be financially feasible for you to find another tractor nearer to you.

The cost of the snowblower will occur either way so that's a moot point.

The cost of the freight (and whatever else you need for your 268h) may equal the cost of a second tractor if shopped carefully.

Keep the 268h as a mower and (other) as a snowblower.

Also, the Garden tractors have many more implements available should you desire other tools.

• Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H
7 hours ago, No longer lost said:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Glad to see other 'sconnies here. I live in the Appleton area. 

I know the 79263 snowthrower is the right model for the 268H. I found a guy in IL who has one and will deliver for a good price. I need a few more photos from him, but it looks all there. One question I do have though is, what do you think is going on with the front of my tractor. Is that a home-made bumper of sorts? I'm guessing I need to replace that with an Attach-a-matic reciver, correct?

2019-09-02 11.23.32 HDR.jpg

2019-09-02 11.23.39.jpg

Yep homemade and you'll need a front attach-a-matic...

• Like 1

WHX??

I don't know if those need one or not Jeff... I think the attachments are a whole different animal for the verts. I looked into one once for my 246H but quickly came to my senses and scored a 520 for sno duty... now just to get that deuce finished!

EB's got a valid point Lost. By the time you get weights, chains etc. for it you may have bought  another tractor. There is a nice C-101 on CL  in Greenville for sale I been eyeballing.

On the other hand you have a small driveway yours might be ok. One of the reasonings for many of us here to justify our addiction and ammo for our wives is a tractor for every season and attachment!  :lol:

Edit:

No you are right Billy he will need a front attach... Here are the manuals for that blower Lost. Yes you will have to lose Grampa's home made front end.

Edited by WHX24

WVHillbilly520H
6 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I don't know if those need one or not Jeff... I think the attachments are a whole different animal for the verts. 

Edit:

No you are right Billy he will need a front attach... Here are the manuals for that blower Lost. Yes you will have to lose Grampa's home made front end.

Jim, Are you doubting my knowledge of the newer TORO versions of :wh::hide:.

• Haha 1