Chris Ramey

A Tire Size Question-

Chris Ramey

Hi Guys- 

Wanted to ask if I could use a pair of 23x10.5-12 tires on the rear of our old C-125?

A friend of mine has two brand new ones that he's got no use for.. It's a shame to pass on em, but I don't know if they'd rub.

Thanks!

Chris Ramey

oliver2-44

1st off, :text-welcomeconfetti:, lots of friendly, experienced people here to help you out. 

2nd off, :wwp: we love pictures!

@Chris Ramey Give us a little more information to help you out.

what size are the rear tires currently on the tractor, and what width are the rims?

What brand are the new 23x10.5-12 rear tires you can get. Are they turf or Ag tread tires?

Some brands like Deestone run small, while Carslile run full width/height. 

If your using it for a mower tractor, what size deck do you have.  

I know this seems like a lot of questions, but the "devils in the details" as they say!

• Like 1

rjg854

:WRS:. Do you have original :wh: rims, I ask that because some makers of wheels have different backsets for the wheel centers and that would affect how/where  the  wheel sits on the hub. And how close /far away the tire would be from the frame. 

Lee1977

They will work on your 7" wide rims. They will round up in the middle of the tread.  If they are four ply you can reduce the air pressure to make a more flat tread. If they are two ply it's not much you can do to they will have a a good bit of rounding up and won't have enough air when reduced for the tread flatings out.

SAM-1035-2.jpg

These are 23x10.50x12  4 ply on 7" rims.

SAM-0933.jpg

These are 23x9.50x12 2 ply on 7" rims.

I just hated the way they look.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Excellent 1

Chris Ramey

Thanks Gang!

I apologize... All hell broke loose just after I posted my tire question... My kid got sick, so all the WH stuff went on the back burner...

I ended up getting a pair of Ag treads from a friend who had 'em laying around the barn... $25 for the pair. Brand new Deestones, but he's had 'em for a really long time... Looks like I will, too... I want to get the wheels powder coated this Winter.

Thanks Again!

Chris

• Like 1