Sign in to follow this  
handyman

Accessory electric lift location on tractor

handyman

I just picked up an electric actuator, bracket and wiring harness for a C series according to the seller. Does anyone have a picture of the underside to show location/orientation? Also, the wire harness has a black/pink that is snipped. What would that go to. I will try to post a couple of pictures. Thanks.

handyman

I did see those before I posted. Mine is more compact and instead of being a "T" or "L" shape. Both the motor and cylinder are parallel and upright. It also doesn't look nearly as large. I will try to get a picture in the next couple of days.

TT

Does it look more like the one in THIS LINK?

JoeMonag

The Toro parts list for the Lift Kit Factory Order Number 8-4225 has a good break down for the "3" series, this sounds like what you are describing. This kit is no longer available. I have seen them on e-bay once in a while. This kit allows you to eliminate the lift tube. It uses an electric actuator simular to that which is used on the "Johnny-Buckets" I can send you the diagram if you need a copy.

Joe in Norton

WheelHorse_of_course

The two leads are the leads of a DC motor. + and - will need to be switched to revere direction.

A normally open 3 position double pole double throw switch wired in a criss-cross fashion is what is needed

The two motor leads attached to the center two pins of the switch. Minus (ground) gets wire to the outer terminal on opposite diagonals. Wire positive to the remaining diagonal via an inline fuse.

That's all on the wiring, I don't know about the location.

:omg:

handyman

Yes, mine is like the one in the link by TT. Is part #6 part of the lift or is that on the tractor. I think the diagram should help me to see how it fits on the tractor. Thanks guys.