dkg520

Can anyone please tell me what size set screw is needed to replace the grease jerk on the front rims.  Thanks you

WHX??

Should be 1/4 28 thread. You going to sealed bearings?

• Like 1

dkg520

I am going to give a set of sealed bearings a try. Any Pros or Cons on here?  Thank you

pacer
4 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

This is a good question and deserves consideration ---

I have had more than one bearing failure because of running dry, despite the cavity being packed with grease. Besides being a mess to clean up (and waste of a LOT of grease) its just too hard to determine when enough is enough. I've had other tractors with sealed bearings and they lasted as long as - or maybe longer - than unsealed, so several years ago I started using sealed --- working great so far!

Along with that I have even started using sealed in the deck spindles, no problems there either.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

My thoughts and others are to run sealed bearings for a trailer queen or non worker. Trouble here is my queens always manage to find their way into the dirt! I always thought to try and find the better grade/quality high speed bearings and run greaseless. 1 3/8 x 3/4 ones with or without the flange should be easy to find.

Even that said the cheapy ones you find on fleabay are easy to replace if you have problems running greaseless.

5 minutes ago, pacer said:

Besides being a mess to clean up (and waste of a LOT of grease) its just too hard to determine when enough is enough.

:text-yeahthat:and the grease tends to attract dirt.  

• Like 1

pacer

The sealed ones are plentiful and inexpensive on the bay, either by the piece or in lots. I will do a bit of prowling and usually find/buy a 10 pack. (I like to do this with most of the bearings I buy)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-4-FLANGE-BEARINGS-1-3-8-OD-5-8-ID-GO-KARTS-BUFFERS-CARTS-LAWNMOWERS/280834975724?hash=item416311a7ec:g:EDgAAOSw7NNUHbgo

image.png.7f0a8cf1d36f174a710bbebde928e32a.png

• Confused 1

The Tuul Crib
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

:text-yeahthat:

pfrederi
32 minutes ago, pacer said:

The sealed ones are plentiful and inexpensive on the bay, either by the piece or in lots. I will do a bit of prowling and usually find/buy a 10 pack. (I like to do this with most of the bearings I buy)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-4-FLANGE-BEARINGS-1-3-8-OD-5-8-ID-GO-KARTS-BUFFERS-CARTS-LAWNMOWERS/280834975724?hash=item416311a7ec:g:EDgAAOSw7NNUHbgo

image.png.7f0a8cf1d36f174a710bbebde928e32a.png

The bearings in the picture are not correct you need 3/4" ID for WH front wheels....

• Like 1

pacer
3 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

need 3/4" ID for WH front wheels....

OOOPS!! my bad --- hit the wrong key when I did the search (I guess?) But anyway there are plenty of the 3/4" :blink:

• Like 1

WHX??
6 hours ago, pacer said:

usually find/buy a 10 pack. (I like to do this with most of the bearings I buy)

Same here ....couple for the shelf.

Buy a small QT to see if they are any good first. Some off fleabay are junk while others are decent quality.

Just for grins...

https://www.motionindustries.com/taxonomy/Bearings/Ball Bearings/Radial & Deep Groove Ball Bearings/browse/en?f_0=Outside_Diameter_t_facet%3A000000000000034925000000|1.3750+in&f_1=Bore_Diameter_t_facet%3A000000000000019050000000|0.7500+in

Double check me on the dims pacer! :ychain:

Edited by WHX24